Jeff Beck is the man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeff Beck is the man

I've been paid money for playing both drums and bass so I guess I'm a professional musician (of sorts). Still, I know enough to know I just a hacker. ME is a violin teacher and a REAL music professional (even though she doesn't think she's good enough) so I know what actual musicians can do. But I've had fun.

Dan

Originally posted by peewee
    Originally posted by DanStokes
    With the arthritis in my thumbs and a lack of incentive to practice I probably will remain in obscurity. Besides, who wants to deal with the paparazzi ? PITA. And all that pesky money.

Dan
    Dan, I made upwards of a few hundred dollars doing it with my 10 thousand dollars' worth of instruments and sound equipment and lights.

But that's not what it's about. To play a small joint with 8 or 10 drunks absolutely enthralled with what you are doing, mezmerized by it, now that's fun.

But that's not what actually happens. They're all too busy drinking and talking to care about the music so you might as well not be there anyway.

But there is an up-side. My SC buddy and I took our acoustic show to a restaurant/music place several times in a row, and he made a keen observation one night after we were done. He said, "They feed us a free meal. They give us free beer. They LET us play. And then at the end of the night, they HAND us MONEY! Is this a great country or WHAT???"

Yeah, that ain't all bad. I don't care if anybody listened or not.

Comment

Re: Jeff Beck is the man

I saw Jeff Beck and BB King in Charleston a few years ago.

Jeff didn't play ANYTHING slow, and nothing soft... he was on fire, and so was the drummer..... no bassist at all. 2 guys, thats it. Every note he hit was relevant to SOMETHING, and every note was killer.

Comment

Working...
      X