X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yeah, I'll Say It

Originally posted by Not A Duster
    Originally posted by peewee

Peavy's the greatest company in the world.
    I've never understood that. Peavey has built some of the shittiest PA gear on the planet. (Although not as bad as the Chinese-made Behringer stuff.) Yet so many seem to worship it. I guess because it does an OK job on a reasonable budget - and some of the backline gear isn't too bad. But still, not worthy of the hype.
    I can tell you where my stance comes from, and I was a never a pro musician. A garage hacker.

I bought a Peavy PA, a big powered one, 16 channels, from a Trader magazine all those years ago when that's the only place we had to surf... Second hand. No instructions.

I called Peavy and got a real human being on the phone right away. They were more than willing to send me an owners' manual for free. In the mail. About a two pound package. And I didn't even buy the thing from them originally.

Okay, I'm in. I'm a Peavy fan. So I have a whole bunch of Peavey stuff just for that fact. Customer service.

And all of the Peavy stuff I have works. Hell it works, so what more can you ask? It works. But it's been s long I don't know if it ALL still works. The pots have to be dirty by now at least. I haven't turned it on in years....but it worked.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I had to go back and look, how did this thread go to be from Danica to Peavey? I really didn't know.

Bad Smoke. Send Smoke to the timeout corner.

But I sure went with it because my attention span anymore is really limited.

What did I just say?

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
        PeeWee, just do what I've been doing more of here lately......grab the guitar and wail away.

Wish me luck....got an Auction Snipe on a Peavey Renown 2x12, ends soon....solid-state but it's a SCREAMER(buddy got a lucky-dog deal on a cherry Peavey MACE 2x12).

Danica? OK..outdrive me, still don't care one way or the other.

Ill wish ya luck smoke!! I got a line 6 dsp amp its a solid state modeling amp
        I like it alot, I had a solid state randal head it was one of my favorites :D
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I've got the Line 6 modeling amp. More choices in there than a simple mind can handle. And that simple mind would be me.

Comment

Yes, I'm to blame for the thread going off-topic..at least it's a constructive thread jack, right?

;D

BTW, what the hell is "blocked by seller" on Ebay?! Had it all set up on Auction Sniper, I had the damned winning bid...but noooooooo, got that particularly infuriating "razzberry".

I'm normally non-plussed by solid-state amps, but I've heard a Renown before...good sounding amp.

I like Marshalls too, but they're WAAAAY overpriced(sold a JCM800 head and 4x12 straight-cab years ago...good amp, but overrated).....Fenders are too "clean", Rolands just sound sterile, never found a Randall that suited me.

PeeWee, I hear ya on the modeling amps....tried out a Peavey Vypyr a couple of weeks ago, you need a sound man and a whiz kid to figure out all of the features. They are neat, I'll give them that....make a Telecaster sound like a Les Paul(next "fiddle" on the ownership list, likely an Epiphone....Seymour Duncan makes great pickups that'll cure the stock "crapbucker" issue).

Just give me an amp with standard knobs, plug directly in.......all that other stuff just distracts me.

*end threadjack*

Comment

If you put Danica in a tiny bikini and lay her across those Peavey amps......I don't know where I was going with this.....
              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Dave, I'll put it to ya like this:

There ain't enough velcro in this country to keep her secured to the top of ANY amp I play through......better hope she sprouts feathers or airbags(yeah, I snickered too), otherwise that landing's gonna hurt!

There, does that tie it all together?

Smoke
                Stirring the sh*t since 1974

Comment

Originally posted by std
                  If you put Danica in a tiny bikini and lay her across those Peavey amps......I don't know where I was going with this.....
                  LOL I can talk about amps, I dont know much about danica ??? ???

question was she around during the 2008 powertour???
                  COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                    Dave, I'll put it to ya like this:

There ain't enough velcro in this country to keep her secured to the top of ANY amp I play through......better hope she sprouts feathers or airbags(yeah, I snickered too), otherwise that landing's gonna hurt!

There, does that tie it all together?

Smoke
                    Stirring the sh*t since 1974
                    This is a family forum so I didn't post any of the things I was thinking.
                    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Im confuseled ;D Sorry about the big word Groucho ;D ;D J/K I just came up with that. ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X