Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Ward
    replied
    Re: For those who truly love the blues...

Danielle did indeed have some medical issues. She was life-flighted off the Blues Cruise, but since has been recovering well.

Although she performed sitting on a stool, her vocals were as good as I have seen and I wish her well during her recovery.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied

Originally posted by peewee
    And another lefty bass player.

Went on a Blues Cruise in '04 that was put on by the Kansas City Blues Society. Whatta ride, and whatta show.
    What would Homer Simpson say..."Daaaayyyy oh"

Man, she is great. Like Janis Joplin without the gravel. Nice.

Leave a comment:

• IndyShiftman
    replied

They are two brothers and a sister. Very good. Seen them last summer at the Bean Blossom Blues fest.
    I recently got a notice on Facebook that the girl was having some sort of medical problem. I don't know what the problem is.

Update; I guess all is well and they are performing again.
    My favorite tune is Johnny Cheat.

At the Blues Fest, Nick opened the show soloing on the drums with his guitar. It was AWESOME.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied

Well,that show just got over.

It's a cool channel. 274 on Direct TV.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied

Cable Providers
    AT&T U-verse TV - Topeka - DigitalNot Available
    Cox Communications - Topeka Not Available
    Cox Communications - Topeka - Digital Not Available

Dammit!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied

I am not familiar with the the Ovation channel.... Checking to see if I get it on this new-fangled cable box...

Ron

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied

Hendrix is on the Ovation channel right this minute.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied

Originally posted by peewee

Went on a Blues Cruise in '04 that was put on by the Kansas City Blues Society. Whatta ride, and whatta show.
    Peewee, that is Danelle! Same gal!

Listen to her sing Etta James:

Could Danielle do any better covering this Etta James classic? Trampled Under Foot features a sibling trio that rocks and exudes the blues. You'll be blown ...

Ron

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied

I have had the opportunity to see TUF play twice now. They are AMAZING live performers. Heck, my buddy Josh even jammed with them (with MY strat) the first time I saw them. The are unassuming, modest, friendly, and most importantly: honest.

Nick and Danielle (the lead guitarist and the bass player) are brother and sister and both southpaws. Their cousin, Kris , is the drummer. He is right-handed.

In 2008, this group, representing the KC Blues Society, won the International Blues Challenge in Memphis against HUNDREDS of other performers. In the process, Nick won the Albert King award for the most promising blues guitarist of 2008. This award netted him a brand new Gibson guitar and a badass Category 5 amp.

Interestingly, Danielle's husband is a guitarist for the KC Blues Society representative for the 2010 International Blues Challenge, Levee Town. Unfortunately, Levee Town did not win this year, nor did my buddies, the Topeka Blues Society winner, Josh Vowell & The Rumble, but everyone had a great time.

These guys are a must see...

That is my Strat in the hands of Josh Vowell. He is tearing it up with Danielle, Nick and Kris at Uncle Bo's her in Topeka. They kicked major ass!

Ron

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

I was just funnin'

Dan

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied

Yeah, sure, I saw that. I don't know how hard it is to find a left-handed resonator guitar. You can get any guitar modified, sure. But I've never seen a left-handed resonator at the store, because they sell so relatively few, compared to Strats, etc.

And I'd come short of calling it a "defect." Like his music or not, Sir Paul McCartney made upwards of a few hundered bucks playing left-handed.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied

They're excellent! Am I the only one who noticed that they are all left handed (not sure about the drummer bro but maybe him too). Some kind of genetic defect no doubt. I have a lefty bro and daughter so I get to tease about that. Makes for more expensive guitars if they order them new but cheaper used - less market. They make it work for them and that's for sure.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Blazerteam
    replied

;D ;D

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied

That is such great stuff. And it's so cool (and so rare) to see anybody play a resonator guitar on stage. I don't know why that is. For about half of the time I spent playing out, that's what I did and the folks in the room loved it because it IS such a unique sound in a live setting.

And that lady has an unusual stage presence. Not Joe Cocker, but still unusual. The only thought that came to mind was that if you threw her in the river, she could swim great as long as she was singing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X