X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who truly love the blues...

.... I present Kansas City's own:

TRAMPLED UNDER FOOT

Sorry for the update that took forever here. This DVD is for sale at tufkc.com

If they play near you, go see 'em... You will NOT be disappointed.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Re: For those who truly love the blues...

I'll be looking for them. They sound great in that little clip. They must be awesome live
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

They can go to Norway but they don't come to Detroit. Dang it
      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

haven't heard of them before, but ... DAMN!!!!!
        "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Wow that is GREAT stuff. Thanks Ron!
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

WOW
            how cool is that - two brothers and a sister each with their own incredible music talent, great guitar, great bass and vocals (the sister) and the dude on drums aint bad either.

I also like the name - trampled under foot is one of my favorite zeppelin songs!
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
              WOW
              how cool is that - two brothers and a sister each with their own incredible music talent, great guitar, great bass and vocals (the sister) and the dude on drums aint bad either.

I also like the name - trampled under foot is one of my favorite zeppelin songs!
              I was a Zep Head back then - bought all of the albums but never saw them live.

And it was after that when I got seriously into the blues and I was amazed at how many Zep lyrics were stolen directly from old blues songs. A LOT of the lyrics.

So the old dead black guys didn't get paid AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                Originally posted by milner351
                WOW

I was a Zep Head back then - bought all of the albums but never saw them live.

And it was after that when I got seriously into the blues and I was amazed at how many Zep lyrics were stolen directly from old blues songs. A LOT of the lyrics.

So the old dead black guys didn't get paid AGAIN.

And that's why Kenny Wayne Shepherd recorded "10 Days Out". The proceeds go to the old blues musicians that never really got much for their music. Find it and buy it. It also comes with a DVD. You won't be disapointed
                Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Okay, I surely will. Thanks Dave!

I'll order that one today.

Comment

Cool.. ;)

Winners of the 2008 International Blues Contest inMemphis, this is TRAMPLED UNDER FOOT. Filmed at the number one blues bar in America, Knuckleheads Saloon in...

Comment

That is such great stuff. And it's so cool (and so rare) to see anybody play a resonator guitar on stage. I don't know why that is. For about half of the time I spent playing out, that's what I did and the folks in the room loved it because it IS such a unique sound in a live setting.

And that lady has an unusual stage presence. Not Joe Cocker, but still unusual. The only thought that came to mind was that if you threw her in the river, she could swim great as long as she was singing.

Comment

;D ;D

Comment

They're excellent! Am I the only one who noticed that they are all left handed (not sure about the drummer bro but maybe him too). Some kind of genetic defect no doubt. I have a lefty bro and daughter so I get to tease about that. Makes for more expensive guitars if they order them new but cheaper used - less market. They make it work for them and that's for sure.

Dan

Comment

Yeah, sure, I saw that. I don't know how hard it is to find a left-handed resonator guitar. You can get any guitar modified, sure. But I've never seen a left-handed resonator at the store, because they sell so relatively few, compared to Strats, etc.

And I'd come short of calling it a "defect." Like his music or not, Sir Paul McCartney made upwards of a few hundered bucks playing left-handed.

Comment

I was just funnin'

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X