• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRONHEAD
    Guest replied
    Re: Daytona 500

Originally posted by Ron Ward
    Originally posted by BluLightning
    The hole is in the middle of the groove, they can't drive around it.

Oh geez... Somebody call the Whaaaaambulance!

Drive the damned cars!
    This post and ,your other one has to be, as Stupid as they come..
    Drive around it, if you drive out of the "groove" you will get hungout to dry.. and rocket from 5 to 18Th real fast..
    I'll guess that your track will not stop for oil downs... as that ,be ,just as foolish..
    drive around it... Oops a car is under me or ones over me.. or both.. how do you drive around it... you think the other car, in the outside or inside train (draft) it going to give you room to miss the hole.. and pinch off speed in their car and line..
    HELL NO...
    It's clear .most here don't care about nascar, and that's fine..
    but if the winternationals, was stopped for a major crash and oil down.. then restarted and the first few cars down that lane lost it at the oildown and ,stopped it again..
    You'd be "the safety crew for NHRA was one their toes, and made a good call. as the safety of the drivers and fans, was #1..
    the thinking Ron, doesn't make sense..
    would and NHRA or IHRA track.. tell you to run a race ,"ya there is a pot hole in the groove at the 900 foot mark, just "drive around it.."
    the drivers would laugh at them.. even the fast bracket racers wouldn't want that lane ,nor. drive it out of the groove on a run up that lane..
    ??? ??? ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :-\
    If nascar ,didn't fix it. and a car ended up in the stands.. you'd be calling them dumb. for not fixing it..
    they'd not win one way or the other.. groucho's post is in the same vein..
    but, AT least he doesn't know better as he races on the street, not on a track where, safety is #1

Leave a comment:

• Wally
    replied

Mike Joy is one of the best commentators there is. I just wish he had better help. He and Ned Jarrett were on of the best teams tpo cover stock car racing.

Leave a comment:

• 68 Valiant
    replied

Maybe he had a flat? and figured 4 tires would help them get more spots back

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

Sergio called from Italy and.....

Leave a comment:

• moparmaniac07
    replied

Why the hell did Kurt Busch get 4 tires with 2 laps of racing left when he was in 3rd? Basically the only damn Mopar in the race running in 3rd with a shot at the win and goes and kills my hope with that move.

Leave a comment:

• std
    replied

Apparently driving 3 wide at 180mph is easier then I thought.

Chad Knaus #48

Leave a comment:

• groucho
    replied

Originally posted by min301
    Good job little "E"!!

Did y'all see him rocket to the front?
    GREAT job!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• groucho
    replied

Originally posted by BluLightning
    The hole is in the middle of the groove, they can't drive around it.
    Make a new groove and earn your damn money

Leave a comment:

• 68 Valiant
    replied

Originally posted by std
    It's worse then just his poor english. He's always trying to overexplain everything and it ends up sounding like he doesn't know what he's talking about or confusing the whole point. I know he's a smart guy but I'm always thinking if I didn't already know what he was talking about, I wouldn't know what he was talking about.
    The 48s crew chief does a good job of explaining things when he's on TV. I can't remember his name :

Leave a comment:

• min301
    replied

Good job little "E"!!

Did y'all see him rocket to the front?

Leave a comment:

• std
    replied

It's worse then just his poor english. He's always trying to overexplain everything and it ends up sounding like he doesn't know what he's talking about or confusing the whole point. I know he's a smart guy but I'm always thinking if I didn't already know what he was talking about, I wouldn't know what he was talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied

It feels weird to even type this but I don't want McReynold's speaking proper English. Give me Mike Joy for that part. Give me McReynolds for the crewchief stuff and give me someone else for the driver stuff (I agree on Waltrip...although his younger brother is destined to be in his spot one day I think).

Brian

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied

Originally posted by std
    At the start of the race I was wondering if Mike Joy is a great announcer or does he just seem like it because the other two are so hard to listen to. Waltrip babbles on like he's never been to a race before and McReynolds can't even speak proper english. Fox NASCAR is hard to watch.

Good thing they have Mike Joy, Dick Berggren, and Krista Voda
    I'm usually not at a loss for words, but I don't think anybody alive could have said that better. Kudos to Dave!

Leave a comment:

• mustang13
    replied

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

The drags start in a couple minutes!
    My thoughts to the letter. I just hope that ESPN2 doesn't cut it short with a spelling bee/girls basket ball/Poker coverage, like most of the past seasons.

The 500 was a good race however, cool to see the 1 car win, and have a little emotion for doing so.

And yes, thank goodness for Mike Joy!

Leave a comment:

• std
    replied

At the start of the race I was wondering if Mike Joy is a great announcer or does he just seem like it because the other two are so hard to listen to. Waltrip babbles on like he's never been to a race before and McReynolds can't even speak proper english. Fox NASCAR is hard to watch.

Good thing they have Mike Joy, Dick Berggren, and Krista Voda

Leave a comment:

Working...
X