• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daytona 500

I am not even using a tv, found this to keep up to date:

fox live daytona no vid
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I just can't watch it anymore. I was a huge NASCAR fan for over 40 years. I finally grew out of it this year, I guess. Or, it outgrew me. One or the other.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

While a hole in the track has delayed the Daytona 500, a 12 hour Production Car race at Bathurst was stopped yesterday when a tree fell across the track during a storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemidog
          While a hole in the track has delayed the Daytona 500, a 12 hour Production Car race at Bathurst was stopped yesterday when a tree fell across the track during a storm.
          I bet everyone there heard the crack when that tree snapped.

Jr. came out of nowhere and ended up second behind Jamie Mac, who won.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Whoo wee. I listened to 90% of the race on SirusXM, and caught the end on TV, not a bad a race at all.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

8 spots in one lap, yeaaah buddy

Comment

Nice finish. I like the multiple trys to end with a green flag.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Watched the olympics instead.

Comment

Yeah great finish. Jnr's run to the line was amazing. the restart before the run to the flag was exciting too.

Comment

What is sealed for me is Mike Joy's total greatness as an announcer. Those guys in the booth had the nightmate scenario with the hole in the track, all the yeller flag stuff, just a TON of time to fill. They didn't go crazy throwing the coverage around to every pit reporter at the track, they kept 90+% of the banter and junk in the booth.

It blows goats to fill oil down time at a drag strip with 10,000 people in it. I CANNOT imagine the pressure when having to fill time in front of a crowd of millions on the TV. The guy never broke a sweat. He's awesome, and knocked that whole deal out of the park.

Sad to see million dollar Bill go out like that, with a wreck at the til end of the field.

I never thought the cold patch job would hold, but it did.

Good finish....I'm not buying a sticker with anyone's number on it, but I had a good time watching.

The drags start in a couple minutes!

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I dont care who you are. It was worth waiting 5 hours to see that finish and see the 1 car win.

Comment

Looked like Sr possessed Jr at the end. 8)

Comment

At the start of the race I was wondering if Mike Joy is a great announcer or does he just seem like it because the other two are so hard to listen to. Waltrip babbles on like he's never been to a race before and McReynolds can't even speak proper english. Fox NASCAR is hard to watch.

Good thing they have Mike Joy, Dick Berggren, and Krista Voda
                            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

The drags start in a couple minutes!
                              My thoughts to the letter. I just hope that ESPN2 doesn't cut it short with a spelling bee/girls basket ball/Poker coverage, like most of the past seasons.

The 500 was a good race however, cool to see the 1 car win, and have a little emotion for doing so.

And yes, thank goodness for Mike Joy!
                              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by std
                                At the start of the race I was wondering if Mike Joy is a great announcer or does he just seem like it because the other two are so hard to listen to. Waltrip babbles on like he's never been to a race before and McReynolds can't even speak proper english. Fox NASCAR is hard to watch.

Good thing they have Mike Joy, Dick Berggren, and Krista Voda
                                I'm usually not at a loss for words, but I don't think anybody alive could have said that better. Kudos to Dave!
                                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                                X