Daytona 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daytona 500

It feels weird to even type this but I don't want McReynold's speaking proper English. Give me Mike Joy for that part. Give me McReynolds for the crewchief stuff and give me someone else for the driver stuff (I agree on Waltrip...although his younger brother is destined to be in his spot one day I think).

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It's worse then just his poor english. He's always trying to overexplain everything and it ends up sounding like he doesn't know what he's talking about or confusing the whole point. I know he's a smart guy but I'm always thinking if I didn't already know what he was talking about, I wouldn't know what he was talking about.
      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Good job little "E"!!

Did y'all see him rocket to the front?

Comment

Originally posted by std
          It's worse then just his poor english. He's always trying to overexplain everything and it ends up sounding like he doesn't know what he's talking about or confusing the whole point. I know he's a smart guy but I'm always thinking if I didn't already know what he was talking about, I wouldn't know what he was talking about.
          The 48s crew chief does a good job of explaining things when he's on TV. I can't remember his name :

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
            The hole is in the middle of the groove, they can't drive around it.
            Make a new groove and earn your damn money
            STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by min301
              Good job little "E"!!

Did y'all see him rocket to the front?
              GREAT job!!!!!!!!!
              STUGOTS

Comment

Apparently driving 3 wide at 180mph is easier then I thought.

Chad Knaus #48
                Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Why the hell did Kurt Busch get 4 tires with 2 laps of racing left when he was in 3rd? Basically the only damn Mopar in the race running in 3rd with a shot at the win and goes and kills my hope with that move.

Comment

Sergio called from Italy and.....
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Maybe he had a flat? and figured 4 tires would help them get more spots back

Comment

Mike Joy is one of the best commentators there is. I just wish he had better help. He and Ned Jarrett were on of the best teams tpo cover stock car racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                          Originally posted by BluLightning
                          The hole is in the middle of the groove, they can't drive around it.

Oh geez... Somebody call the Whaaaaambulance!

Drive the damned cars!
                          This post and ,your other one has to be, as Stupid as they come..
                          Drive around it, if you drive out of the "groove" you will get hungout to dry.. and rocket from 5 to 18Th real fast..
                          I'll guess that your track will not stop for oil downs... as that ,be ,just as foolish..
                          drive around it... Oops a car is under me or ones over me.. or both.. how do you drive around it... you think the other car, in the outside or inside train (draft) it going to give you room to miss the hole.. and pinch off speed in their car and line..
                          HELL NO...
                          It's clear .most here don't care about nascar, and that's fine..
                          but if the winternationals, was stopped for a major crash and oil down.. then restarted and the first few cars down that lane lost it at the oildown and ,stopped it again..
                          You'd be "the safety crew for NHRA was one their toes, and made a good call. as the safety of the drivers and fans, was #1..
                          the thinking Ron, doesn't make sense..
                          would and NHRA or IHRA track.. tell you to run a race ,"ya there is a pot hole in the groove at the 900 foot mark, just "drive around it.."
                          the drivers would laugh at them.. even the fast bracket racers wouldn't want that lane ,nor. drive it out of the groove on a run up that lane..
                          ??? ??? ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :-\
                          If nascar ,didn't fix it. and a car ended up in the stands.. you'd be calling them dumb. for not fixing it..
                          they'd not win one way or the other.. groucho's post is in the same vein..
                          but, AT least he doesn't know better as he races on the street, not on a track where, safety is #1

Comment

DW has got to be the dumbest bag of flesh to be allowed on TV during a race... he's partly responsible for fans not watching the races as much just because he's so annoying.
                            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I'm glad they stopped to fix it. Hitting that at 180+ would not only tear up tires, but suspension components as well.

I took a nap during the break. Worked out well.

I was hoping for Biffle to sneak up there and win it, and if it wasn't for the goofy green-white-checkers rule, he would have.

That being said, I am super glad McMurry pulled it out.

Best part of the whole thing for me?

Hands down the ESPN/NASCAR Metallica commercial!!!!!!
                              ;D ;D ;D

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I heard that for a brief time yesterday, some hacked into Wikipedia and changed the winner from Jamie McMurray to "Pot Hole".

Comment

Working...
                                X