• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treasures in the Junk Yard

That's the stripped model,Jay ;D. ~J/W.

Comment

The effin' yards around here all sold out and cashed in when scrap metal prices were high. I called around and several even told me they don't even have anything older than a 2000 model year. Ugh.

Comment

'57 Buick Special, 364 with a standard shift. I found this a few years ago in a junkyard and kept thinking about it every so often. Finally I couldn't stand it and it came home with me a few months ago. Thinking future frame swap project or late model drivetrain swap?

Comment

I thought this old Dodge was cool too, but too big for me to bring home, lol

Comment

Originally posted by vt junk

'57 Buick Special, 364 with a standard shift. I found this a few years ago in a junkyard and kept thinking about it every so often. Finally I couldn't stand it and it came home with me a few months ago. Thinking future frame swap project or late model drivetrain swap?
            Liking the frame swap with late model drivetrain. ;D

Comment

Nice find. If I had the place to store potential projects I would have a yard full just to save them from the crusher.
              It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver

Out back the 9 inch diff was still there too.

Now, you guys share what you find.
                Scott-
                BE MY HERO, SAVE THE SWAY BAR SET AND CALIPER BRACKETS OF THAT LINCOLN!!! ;D :o ;D

Dude, serious, want to make money? Pull the caliper brackets on full size fords and lincolns. If you see any 1972 Torinos, SNAG THE SPINDLES. Guys who want to do the police conversion for 72-76 with the 12" rotors need those brackets.

If that rear sway bar can come off and you get the axle brackets, those are usually worth $100 easy on ebay.

Andy
                Andrew
                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

the adapters on the pontiac are from generic knock off wire wheels. white paint on one side, the other side should be red.

buy those adapters new for 20 bucks each...
                  Charles

Comment

We've got some good yards around here. I've scored rust-free, dent-free doors, inner fenders and a pair of driver's side fenders for my '62 Suburban. Last year I scored a pair of perfect 45-finned aluminum drums for $11, a '60s Ford truck hoodscoop that were used on Pontiac Super Stock Catalinas and gassers in the day for $15, a pair of '58 Ford wagon 9-inch rears for $125 each (one on an amazingly rust-free car, and it still had the safety washers on the studs and like-new drums). Last week I got another 45-fin drum for $8 at Pull-a-part, to complete a pair.

The local yard also has a BUNCH of FE engines in pick-ups, including one with a 4bbl intake on it. I think I'm going to pull one and build it, just because it seems like a shame to let those FEs go to scrap!

-Brad

Comment

Last decent find I saw in the yard was a '82 LTD CV 2-door. Car looked mint, I saw it when they placed it. 302/auto. Not a scratch on it.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

ENVY!
                        a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

I thought this old Dodge was cool too, but too big for me to bring home, lol
                          Crew cab COE? Damn, I want one! Has anyone else seen one of these?

Comment

Working...
                          X