A truck I'd love to love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A truck I'd love to love

1986 M1009 3/4 Ton CUCV 4x4 6.2L Diesel Chevy Blazer. Just over 104kmiles. GM TH400 transmission, NP208 transfer case, 10-bolt axles and eaton locker "gov-lock" locking rear differential (3.08 gears). Needs a little work to be sticker ready, just installed all new glow plugs. Any reasonable offer won't be refused. Asking $1,500 obo.
    I'd do it if I could. piezo injector hack, a realistic turbo, piggyback...nice. I would even hang out in an ecomod forum, as 5 ton capable. :
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Re: A truck I'd love to love

I'm looking for another one after I sold my 'burb.... but think I need a diesel pickup.... tempting - fortunately, it's about as far away from me as you can get.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I was caught off guard spotting that local. the paint alone must be worth the asking.
      I then went and found some vids with the model. One showed the common error with blazer shackles...a ujoint broke in the vid.
      other than that, impressive.

I also took note, the power numbers they have written are way off..they got a bit more mustard than not admitted. But hey, even a p51 had a secret war mode. From judging vids alone, the torque is more like 400 than 250.

There is also a vid found with a m1009 that tipped into a ditch as deep as itself..and no damage. Also an indicator, the panels themselves have a difference.
      I doubt the guy is into an old dual range subaru..I'd offer even trade. :

I did drive an 86 kept to a farm. had crazy low mileage. I loved the feel..it fed everything the gassers were missing. 6.2 nonturbo...21:1 compression. :o
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Driving an auto 6.2 diesel truck ranks right around the high speed thrill one gets on a bulldozer.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Drove 1008 and 1009 in the AF, always low miles and I liked them better for trips than the hummers. If it was closer and I didnt have to do a car this winter, I would call him and buy it.

Comment

Wonder if it's still 24 volt? All the local towns had them a few years back, and that was the common problem, starter/altenator stuff is MIL spec, and pricey.
            Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Working...
            X