I'd never seen my dad get like this before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd never seen my dad get like this before

There was a front page article in yesterday's paper about a garage in Salem that collapsed, Tom Way Garage, the snow had caused it to collapse, and there were still classic cars inside, the place had been abandoned for years, and Tom Way Green, the original owner, no longer owned the property. My dad remembered they had a very good reputation for fixing old cars, he told me years ago about taking his 58 Corvette there to get the kingpins replaced.
    I'd never seen him so sad about a building, or anything that isn't alive before, I've seen him mildly angry about hollywood destroying so many 68-70 Chargers, but never sad about anything
    The pictures in the newspaper showed what could be seen of one of the cars in there, not sure what it was, but it was at newest, from the 50s
    Staff photo by Colleen P. MooreChief of Police and Washington Fire Co. Battalion Chief John Pelura III, left, and Salem Fire Department Chief Fred Ayars look at the damage at the old Tom Way's Garage near the intersection of North...

Staff photo by Colleen P. MooreFirefighters inspect the damage at the old Tom Way's Garage near the intersection of North Elm Street and Allen Avenue in Salem, which collapsed Monday afternoon.By Phil [email protected] — The old Tom Way’s Garage near...
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Re: I'd never seen my dad get like this before

That's too bad. I think you're dad really loves classic cars that's why he's affected terribly. I do hope he's okay now.

Comment

Working...
    X