Olympic Curling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Curling

By now I have gained a vast reputaion for overwhelming this wonderful forum with things that are so galatically off-topic, I can't really understand why I wasn't banned on Day Two. Off topic? I dunno, go ask peewee.

So there's only one other forum I frequent (I try to be almost faithful in my life and practices) and the guys in Texas on the guns forum today were musing over the Olympics. One of them said he watched curling, enthralled, for two hours before he asked himself why he was watching it.

Another guy noted curling was just shuffleboard on ice.

Like, me I chimed in - I don't know turds about hot rods or guns and can't justify my presence on either forum....but I like to cause traffic, and this wasn't about either one, so... My contribution was:

And now folks, on center ice, introducing the undefeated 23-time world champion sweeper.....Hilda Housekeeper!!!!!

How do you get born and have no idea you'll have such talent? Yeah, curling is definitely a participant sport. Like sailboat racing - This is getting exciting foks! Ocean Blue has a ten-foot lead and there's only 29 markers to go!

Cool! I can go to the dealership and pick out and test drive and then buy a new car, and still be back in time to watch the finish!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: Olympic Curling

;D My son works third shift.He came down this afternoon looking tired as heck.I asked him if he had slept yet and he said no.Hed been watching "curling".Said he didnt know why ;D

Comment

Here's what I am thinking about curling....

During the offseason (when the ice has melted) the curling sweepers could find gainful employment sweeping rice hull ash for NHRA. Can you imagine how much the down time would be reduced by these broommasters?

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

What watching the Olympics doesn't reveal about curling is...the rinks are good small town spots to drink beer in wintertime.
        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

I love to watch Curling...there was a curling club outside one of the gates when I was stationed in Alaska...looks like fun
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Olympic Bowling, Olympic Darts, Olympic Quarters. Curling? Seriously?
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Why do they have hairdressing competitions in the Winter Olympics? ME doesn't get hers curled so I know nothing about it.

Dan

Comment

Both of my sons have been curling for about three years. They are having a riot, of course the beers afterward don't hurt either.

Comment

My only curling experience is with a can of beer. ;D

Comment

I'm going to the Olympic curling tomorrow, honestly, I don't understand the damn game, but hey, it's the olympics.

I do know that everyone else in my family gets it and many have participated over the years (hell, my 91 year old grandfather STILL goes curling 2x a week). It is definitely a drinking sport - ask the oldtimers (ie. gramps) - hollow broom shafts make a great place to keep brandy.....

Comment

I just don't get it. ???

Course I only watched about 3 seconds of it. :-\

Comment

I strongly suspect Curling was the original sport and Drinking showed up to surpass it in importance... say 10-1 for entertainment value....

Have to say it's worth a watch and if you get it... it's interesting... ( I had the term "Very" interesting and demoted it to Interesting ... cause I could ... )

K

Comment

I like the sport.........hell you can drink three
                          beers by the time the stone stops at
                          the other end.

Of course it'd be a whole lot more fun
                          if there were some pins to knock down at the end
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Well - I pretty much live in the center of the curling universe, but I have to say I really don't get it - particularily as a spectator sport.

Mind you golf has the same effect on me.

*yawn*

Comment

It kept about 6 college kids from their studies in my apartment yesterday. For a solid few hours too!
                              Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Working...
                              X