New NHRA environmental policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NHRA environmental policy

Apparently there's good money in it too - not for the racers though.
    Word is all competitors entering the track for the Gainesville D2 race had to listen to a track official read them a 7 page environmental policy...

Even our track provides a dump station.

Re: New NHRA environmental policy

yes , my boy here at work has to take a haz mat course before division one season heats up
    after spending ten grand for funny car suit and burst panel parachute deployment systems

Comment

The leahy box that your talking about is only $425, so I'm guessing that's one expensive driving suit!

What is the NHRA gonna do if someone trips over a floor mat and dumps 14 quarts of 70w right on the ground?
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel
        The leahy box that your talking about is only $425, so I'm guessing that's one expensive driving suit!

What is the NHRA gonna do if someone trips over a floor mat and dumps 14 quarts of 70w right on the ground?
        Cord in off the area and call out HazMat unit, sorry but the races will have to be postponed until a complete decon is done on all parties involved.....HA!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I have a feeling in the near future, we are going to see a new nitro ban, they did it once before, they can do it again.
          It's only a matter of time before the wrong person gets a face full of nitro fumes, and starts a fire storm on how bad this stuff is......I think it's been proven to cause cancer in lab rats living in California already.
          Originally posted by TC

Comment

I have a feeling in the near future, we are going to see a new nitro ban, they did it once before, they can do it again.
            It's only a matter of time before the wrong person gets a face full of nitro fumes, and starts a fire storm on how bad this stuff is......I think it's been proven to cause cancer in lab rats living in California already.
            Just living in California has been proven to cause cancer in lab rats. ;D

Comment

Makes me feel all warm and cozy, just like I did when I was in the USAF taking computer based training courses and learning HAZMAT so I didnt blow up any planes, buildings, or MHE.

Good to know they dont want us dumping our oil changes at the track among other things. Are they going to charge us for tire disposal next year because we leave so much in the burnout box? Who am I kidding, I cant afford to make my car legal to run, so I wont be racing anyway. Who dumps their oil and stuff in the pits anyway? I would slap someone if I saw em doin that, next week someone might be parked there and have to lay down in that crap.

Comment

No one really dumps their oil on the ground, they used to provide oil drums or containers as a courtesy to racers. Now you have to pay, which means your name will be on it, and they are going to test it.....which means they can fine you. Or else you can just take it back home with you. Some guys change 12-14 quarts every round and that adds up to a lot of oil.
                Originally posted by TC

Comment

Im glad I am not one of those guys. I usually go a season without changing it. Fun part of runnin vodka for fuel is fewer oil changes and no heat problems. I can see a fuel team going through a bunch of oil, or anyone who tears down between rounds. Typical bracket racers, not so much though and we make up the biggest part of racing, just not the most popular to watch.

Comment

Okay, I'll say it. And trust me NHRA ain't on my Christmas card list right now. Good for NHRA.

Here's why I say it. We don't need yet another reason for asshole anti-racing leakers telling us that we can't race. At the Winternationals, I didn't see any oil on the ground, or people being obviously bad with oil. But, I did see some irresponsible behavior from multiple fuel teams, and it's way more likely we could have trouble because of it than because someone get's blasted with nitro fumes.

While walking down an isle, I turned just in time to smell brake cleen and hear someone give an alarming squeak. Some people had walked up behind the clutch servicing table at one of Schumacher's pits and gotten sprayed with brake cleen. They all laughed it off, but it could have been way not funny. Fuel teams set up cleaning stations next to their tractors and at some venues this means the public can walk up to them. Screens, like the ones put in factories around grinding areas or welding areas, should be a requirement on the side towards spectators. It's just better to be safe rather than sorry.

For every competitor that bitches about having to listen to an EPA presentation online in order to race, there are 10 of us that would gladly watch 100 of them in order to race. So stop whining.
                    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

I hope it was un-chlorinated brake kleen. ;D
                      They gave out flyers late last year about cleaning things like clutch cans out in the alley. Also mentioned was excessive polishing of crome on the rig. Not spraying a spectator with brake kleen is just common sence.
                      I was at Rockingham last year when a crazy bare foot druged hippie chick just walked right into a pit while an injected nitro car was warming up. I had just walked to the back because the car was idiling at about 1000 rpm spitting and banging.....I though it was going to blow, and just about did. We had to grab her and throw her out. Anyway, there is always something crazy going on, and you can't make a rule for everything. A little bit of common sence goes a long way.
                      Originally posted by TC

Comment

I agree on the common sense thing.

Can you even by chlorinated brake cleen anymore? Everyone seems so worried about it, and we even had a big long thread about welding after using it, blah blah blah, but I haven't seen it in a store in ANY state in years.

Where is it still available?
                        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

To tell you the truth, I never look at which is which......I just get what evers cheaper.

Ever seen Force's guys set up the awnings? They all wear those harnesses cause some one got blown off the top of a trailer once.
                          Originally posted by TC

Comment

Can't see it. It would be suicide.

The fuel cars are the "big show" for too many people already. They would lose wayyy too many spectators..

Comment

Working...
                            X