• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tiger Woods:Too little too late?

Originally posted by ls7gto
    Originally posted by peewee
    I dont care one way or the other, since they didnt show his press conference on TV land. But I do feel bad for all the kids that looked up to him. seems like everybody forgot about them.
    Anybody, kids or otherwise, who "looks up" to celebrities or sports stars or politicians should look much closer to home to see where the real inspiration is. That's where life is lived. The rest of it is just news and noise.
    You need to remember that for alot of these kids , they have nobody in there real life to look up to. The family role model is missing in most homes today.
    bull sh crap it

Comment

That press conference wasn't for his wife, children or extended family. It wasn't even for the public in general. It was for those potential customers of his sponsors (buyers of golf gear, cars,watches, gatorade, etc...)so he could say, "I'm sorry but don't hold it against those companies who pay me millions to play."

If he was truly desiring to change his ways, he would immediately fire his agent, caddie and any other "yes man" who enabled him to continue on in his activities so long.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
        I dont care one way or the other, since they didnt show his press conference on TV land. But I do feel bad for all the kids that looked up to him. seems like everybody forgot about them.
        Anybody, kids or otherwise, who "looks up" to celebrities or sports stars or politicians should look much closer to home to see where the real inspiration is. That's where life is lived. The rest of it is just news and noise.
        You need to remember that for alot of these kids , they have nobody in there real life to look up to. The family role model is missing in most homes today.
        bull sh crap it
        so is this directed at me? I read alot of your SHIT ( be a man say what you mean) and feel most of it isnt worth a comment.
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
          bull sh crap it
          so is this directed at me? I read alot of your SHIT ( be a man say what you mean) and feel most of it isnt worth a comment.
          to whom ever wrote "you need to remember that for alot of these kids,they have nobody in there real life to look up to....."
          sorry, not buy'n that for one minute.. even kids with both parents that are asked whom they look up to.. almost never is dad or mom... the answer...
          our way of life has cause this.. almost every kid has a mentor.. a local to them mentor.. but it's cooler to say you want to be like mike or tiger or tom Brady/etc
          and that sad...
          but to say that most "these"(whatever that means) kids have no local mentor, be it the mother/dad or a local.. is downright WRONG....
          go volunteer some time with inner city kids. then come back and repeat that.. line.. as you Will not be able too..
          only the media wants you to believe they have no one to look up to..
          sorry.. after hours of volunteering .. I don't see ,that post as anything but b/s

Comment

People take life to serriously......Us older guys look up to Tiger even more now! lol.
            I'm kidding of coarse, but come on, so what, who cares.....Anound my house we just have standards which we try to live up to, not people we model ourselves after. My kid was asking about Tiger the other day and I said his really big mistake was that he got married and had kids, then met a lot of girls. (my girlfried didn't really approve of me saying that) I think that it's amazing he was able to golf as good as he did with all of those girlfriends in the back of his mind. I think now that it's all in the open, he could be even better now. I don't think I could function with all of that on my mind.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
            X