Brillance or Oxygen Deprived Delirium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brillance or Oxygen Deprived Delirium

Great thread. Our experience at EPA was that ethanol wasn't too bad on parts but METHANOL - now that's a different story. And a lot of people aren't sophisticated enough to know that "alcohol ain't all alike". BIG difference between the two.

Carry on! (Isn't this how Everclear came about?)

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
      Great thread. Our experience at EPA was that ethanol wasn't too bad on parts but METHANOL - now that's a different story. And a lot of people aren't sophisticated enough to know that "alcohol ain't all alike". BIG difference between the two.

Carry on! (Isn't this how Everclear came about?)

Dan
      MMMMM Everclear ;D

Comment

This here is the stuff I log on for. Thanks guys!

Comment

Everclear is high proof, but the guys who have tried it say it doesnt work so well as a fuel, must be something added to it to make it less fuel worthy. I havent tried it because the stuff is WAAAAAAAY to pricey and I can make a gallon of fuel to test in a small engine in a couple days with a cost of about 10 to 15 cents.

If you guys are interested in making your own high performance fuel, how to run it, and how to get better mileage with it, then I will start posting about it. It seems everywhere I go people start up with the political bs when all I am talking about is making 500-1000 gallons for personal fuel use, such as in a race car or generator, maybe in a cruiser. I like the stuff and its a good thing to know how to do. There are added benefits to making it in some states, usually relating to taxes, but I do it because when gas was over $4 a gallon I was beyond broke with no hope of ever driving any of my old cars again. 2008 put me in high gear on this project when I saw the writing on the wall that I wont be able to drive my GTOs and Trans Ams much if I dont start something now.

I dont want to argue about it, I want to help people find out more if they are interested in it. I dont get paid to defend anything anymore, and my main concern is with all of us car guys who like the sound of a barely muffled high compression v8. And a few of them small engine guys..

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455

If you guys are interested in making your own high performance fuel, how to run it, and how to get better mileage with it, then I will start posting about it. It seems everywhere I go people start up with the political bs when all I am talking about is making 500-1000 gallons for personal fuel use, such as in a race car or generator, maybe in a cruiser. I like the stuff and its a good thing to know how to do. There are added benefits to making it in some states, usually relating to taxes, but I do it because when gas was over $4 a gallon I was beyond broke with no hope of ever driving any of my old cars again. 2008 put me in high gear on this project when I saw the writing on the wall that I wont be able to drive my GTOs and Trans Ams much if I dont start something now.

I dont want to argue about it, I want to help people find out more if they are interested in it. I dont get paid to defend anything anymore, and my main concern is with all of us car guys who like the sound of a barely muffled high compression v8. And a few of them small engine guys..
            I don't give a crap about the politcal BS, I think its a great racing fuel.

Comment

hell, I think this is a great topic, and should be followed through with more details in a tech post. Thanks, lots of candy made here in central Pa....Hmmmm

Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I'd love to know a LOT more about making fuel ethanol. If you write, I'll definitely read. Don't leave anything out.

Comment

Ya know I can write a book about this stuff, having some direction of what you guys want to know would really help me stay in focus. Also I will point anyone in the right direction via PM if they want to know more than I put in here. The main thing is I dont want to piss off the owners of the forum, so unless I get to OK to give out links and whatnot in the thread, I'll hand the info on books and websites out in PM.

Making fuel is a decent amount of work with a learning curve. It involves fabrication, chemistry, agriculture, and biology to name a few, but you only have to know the parts of those that apply to your situation. As for the sweat equity, think about how many hours you have to work at your job to pay for that weekend of race gas and then realize you can make enough fuel for a season in about three to five weekends (it varies with feedstocks, processes and equipment) with a minimal investment and at a fraction of the cost per gallon.

I dont know about you guys, but I enjoy learning something new about cars and anything related to them.

Comment

Working...
                  X