The next really lame car trend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next really lame car trend

While we've had a bit of an debate over whether imports have gone, it seems like the "Take a mostly stock Civic, slap a phony Veilside body kit on it, install muffler tips bigger than a CD, and vomit neon graphics all over it" school of imports has almost disappeared. And it seems that the donks are starting to find their way back to ground level. So, I predict that when the economy recovers, we're due for the next wave of people with more money than taste to come up with another way to express that on the road. Anyone care to peek into their cracked crystal ball and guess what the next big car trend car guys will laugh at is going to be? Minivans done Bosozoku style? BMWs covered with fake fur? Or what?

Re: The next really lame car trend

With teh economy the way it is, and will be for the forseeable future, I think any trend that does develop will be a low buck affair. Maybe a hopped up Yugo with a worked Honda motor providing power. LOL

Comment

I was searching for something to replace an extinct supercharger for an old boxer that came with one, and it occured to me...

7-12 psi brand new td04 turbos are $230 shipped..
      I could take a wild guess where some may end up, and it won't be nice. Ya know the 9.5 to 1 engine already straining, and wahoos slapping delayed cams and snapping eye watering cylinder smacking sounds out the exhaust.

This was predicted somewhat a long time ago, and never happened. Tubos were too much, and blo through carb and ecu hard to get for junk injection universaled. Today it is megasquirt, piggybacking and the 9 to 1 and less have all but faded away.
      I see this in diesels now, altho mostly welcome, there is a means to ridiculous extremes, like a donk and wings.
      price dictates how far this trend will go.
      In my own "kill the ricer" trend, I have a japanese rarity that needed big wheels and a turbo to be normal. Bizarre contrast, and very rare. Truth settles the chaos, now matter how much bullshit tries to baffle it.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Once the economy recovers ? People buying cars they can't afford.

Comment

All the kids junking the imports they have and buying American cars and trucks cruising to real car shows proudly displaying their BANGshift stickers and shirts. ;D

Comment

"Mad Max"/"Death Race" setup rides.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

my nephew just bought a 71 Nova (to replace his Kia).... which of course is cause for celebration, but it's the shackle high, 70s escapee style... and he likes it.... so my guess, styles will return to the 70s excess Lord help us all.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by RealSteelFreak
                All the kids junking the imports they have and buying American cars and trucks cruising to real car shows proudly displaying their BANGshift stickers and shirts. ;D
                american is more import than an import. :

I would just assume go much older vehicles...and that is just me. Not everyone can do that, especially in locales that are comparable to siberia.
                where I live and learned...
                with a measly 1200 cash...choice between rusty AWD subaru, or 1978 malibu looking like a cream puff with all its hubcaps and even comparable fuel mileage...no need to guess where the "pocket change" is gonna go.

I learned alot more for my age group about old school american, that is all I have ever run, all the way to a drag strip. I aint budging. I'd like to yell at all the auto makers. It seems you have to have a special place in life to gather the best of stuff..that can't be driven.
                To find a trend is no doubt money related..if it means turning in the classic on just another junk import influenced.
                My own quest has led to several military grade vehicles, I am seriosuly making it a goal. That is about as american car show worthy as I may ever be again..like 100% of youth on thier own.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

next up. junkyard builds..american and import..
                  and not mag sytle junkyard builds either..
                  welder in one hand and BFH in other..
                  use'n whatever is in the yard when they go..

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                    "Mad Max"/"Death Race" setup rides.
                    lmao....my son just posted something on his fb page about making a mad max car!
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I like the Low buck thing... I see that happening...

Stuff we wouldn't normally care about will be cool again...

Like say 3rd Gen Camaro's.... and second gen's as well....

And something tells me Handy work will be Much more important... ( or should be )

K

Comment

Well - personally, I don't believe the economy is going to recover. Not completely anyways.

A robust western economy depends on a healthy middle-class with disposable income to spend on luxuries like hot rods or concert tickets and so on. The presence of that middle class depends on decent employment opportunities - and that's all going away.

The next lame big trend for the car hobby? Continuing to wither & die I'm afraid..

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                          next up. junkyard builds..american and import..
                          and not mag sytle junkyard builds either..
                          welder in one hand and BFH in other..
                          use'n whatever is in the yard when they go..
                          Shit...been doing that for years...I will be a trend setter....
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

A-team movie is coming....get ready for the van craze to come back.
                            GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Busses on T-bucket frames? Get a mental pic of THAT one!

Dan

Originally posted by Beagle
                              T-buckets on bus frames.

Comment

Working...
                              X