Though russian truck(er)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Though russian truck(er)

Too deep in water??...surprise surprise.

Re: Though russian truck(er)

Cool... literally... ;D
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Balls..... Of steel.....

Comment

cool.... however, if he truly had balls of steel he'd have run the river without the safety cable. ;)
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
          cool.... however, if he truly had balls of steel he'd have run the river without the safety cable. ;)
          Security cable??....he was fishing ;D

Comment

Alright car guys....how did that engine stay running? I don't think I believe that one.

Fooled a dozen times by videos already, so always skeptical....
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You can see the intake snorkle behind the cab. Going to be be loosing a lot of power though with the exhauste underwater like that.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

PeeWee - it's a Diesel so electrical issues won't stop it like a gas engine. As long as it has air and fuel and the engine's rotating providing compression, it'll keep going. Is it a good idea - NOPE! If he has aspirated any significant amount of H2O he would have lifted the heads and it gets ugly in a hurry. I don't recommend this maneuver - even with a Diesel. I'm also guessing it has an open crankcase which would allow water to enter the crankcase so it probably got ugly unless he did an oil change right after getting out of the water. The fuel tank also could have taken in water, which is NOT good for Diesels.

Dan

Comment

Okay Dan, if you say so I can buy into it. I sure don't know anything and I've been fooled so many times before....

If I remember, I'll post that one next weekend. Spent most of this weekend updating the website, I mean HOURS and hours. Mostly because Seth sent so much stuff, it took forever to sort through it. And that's a great problem to have from my standpoint. Thanks so much Seth!

Y'all check it out if you get a chance. Lots of great stuff. I mean LOTS. And I put everybody's captions from here on the Redneck House photo. See, I do DO something sometimes, and it's all about everybody else, the audience.

peewee

P.S. - Sorry to derail the thread - y'all carry on about the underwater truck. Back to the subject.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                    PeeWee - it's a Diesel so electrical issues won't stop it like a gas engine. As long as it has air and fuel and the engine's rotating providing compression, it'll keep going. Is it a good idea - NOPE! If he has aspirated any significant amount of H2O he would have lifted the heads and it gets ugly in a hurry. I don't recommend this maneuver - even with a Diesel. I'm also guessing it has an open crankcase which would allow water to enter the crankcase so it probably got ugly unless he did an oil change right after getting out of the water. The fuel tank also could have taken in water, which is NOT good for Diesels.

Dan
                    Ironically, I seek a non-turbo diesel...
                    this is one of the reasons. As compression is really high for non-turbo, exhaust gurgling underwater is null. part of the power is the freakin "thrust". :D
                    not to mention thermal mass in an engine cavity, it can act like an upside glass in the water...nothing wants in to fill it.

'null' is null or not an object. ;D
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

here is another for ya peewee

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

This one comes to mind too..

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of this

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                          X