Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you like Slot Cars, check out some of the tracks on here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you like Slot Cars, check out some of the tracks on here!

Tracks from around the world, very cool stuff.
    Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Re: If you like Slot Cars, check out some of the tracks on here!

That's some cool stuff. I used to build models and helped a friend and his dad build a HO track and diarama. Building and painting in that scale is hard on my stygmatism. Takes a while for me to see distance again.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

My brother and his buddies have a local HO scale slot racing series in the Kansas City area. Check out some of their tracks:

This one belongs to Howard Kilgore. Badassedness!!!

Jack Lamb's router cut track. SMOOOOOTH!

Jack Rutherford's track. Hella fast!!!!

Don Bourne's track in Idependence, MO. I played disc golf with Don's son, Clint a few weeks back. Nice guy!

These are just a few of about 20 tracks that comprise the MAHOR (Mid America HO Racing) series. Great bunch of guys and they all race the old "pancake" motor Aurora Thunderjets and similar cars. My brother is one of the baddest of the bad and he currently builds some of the fastest stock and superstock T-jets in the world. You can check out some of his work at http://www.kc-jets.mahorkc.com/

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Ron, that is so cool who mingle with all thsoe guys, and tracks. A big T-Jet champ, Frank Speda Jr. lives just east of me, he was some kind of east coast champ.

Nice tracks in your pic's, as well as some badass cars your bro builds.

Thanks for sharing
        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

I have raced with the MAHOR guys a couple of times and had a blast. Once per year, they have what is called their "Bag of Parts" race. Each entrant is responsible for providing his/her own car body (must be an approved body) and at the race is randomly given a bag containing a completely disassembled T-jet. These are run of the mill NOS and replacement parts, nothing special, but all entries run the risk of getting a mediocre armature. Racers are then given 30 minutes to assemble a car using nothing but the parts included in the bag and their own body. There were about 30 of us at the last bag of parts race I attended, and for being a newbie to the sport, I did ok finishing just outside the top 10. The most fun part was watching these guys who are accustomed to racing high-end race stuff deal with a $10 bag of parts. There were many utterances of profanity as the cars did not perform like a $125, top of the line racecar, but it was fun to beat up on the local hotshoes.

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
          X