Maxton Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxton Question

I've got a picture of the maxton airport which strip do you run on?

Re: Maxton Question

It's the track that runs directly from top to bottom. The start line is near the bottom. Notice that there's a slight dogleg near the beginning, and another one near the top of the screen - that's the short turn-out, about 0.3mi from the finish line. All together, there's 1.9 miles of paving. Over the winter, we had a bunch of new paving laid, making the track in the best shape since we've had it to race on - can't tell in the pic if it was taken before or after the paving. Wish we could have done the whole track, but there's only so much money available.

Hope that helps
    Dan

Comment

This is cool to sort of get the lay of the land so to speak. Great idea !

Comment

Direct from the ECTA website:

Comment

There's no place like Home. Click

Sorry!

Comment

For those of us who are spectating. Where can you sit and watch?
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

virtually anywhere along the course on the return road side... or just to the right of the big Red X is where the stands are most the time...

K

Comment

Man I miss that place. I sure do miss the sting of the fire ants!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info I can't wait to see it in person in april

Comment

Hey Dan, are there classes for cars with no cages and factory seat belts?
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
                      Hey Dan, are there classes for cars with no cages and factory seat belts?
                      The classes are the same roll cage or not. The only thing roll cage and harnesses chane is your tech speed.

mike

Comment

So I could drive my stockish Monte Carlo there and make some passes just the way it is? I'm thinking it would go 120-130 mph.
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Roll Cage at 135.

Bring it , and have Fun. Learn all the Ins and Outs and meet all the really Cool People. (And don't forget to Volunteer with Dan). Always have to plug Dans Gig, it's good for business. We would'nt be doing this if it was'nt for his EFFORTS.

Comment

Originally posted by dagenesta
                            So I could drive my stockish Monte Carlo there and make some passes just the way it is? I'm thinking it would go 120-130 mph.
                            You would be limited to 125.

Depending on you seatbelt and seat configuration Keith might let you go 135 tops. You will need SA/M2000 helemet or better and long pants/shirt. Then just the normal vehicle saftey checks.

mike

Comment

Keith already answered, but I was going to say that most folks prefer their butts. Good idea to bring a chair, as the attendance of the bleachers has been a bit spotty. Keith - did we get our own bleachers? Such a thing was rumored.

Dan

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                              For those of us who are spectating. Where can you sit and watch?

Comment

Working...
                              X