Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Toyota news - they do care

About the bottom line, like any good giant industrial conglomerate... ;D

In an internal presentation, Toyota staffers boasted of the company saving $100 million by negotiating a limited recall for Toyota Camry and Lexus ES cars over a problem that could cause unintended acceleration.

"NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- A Toyota executive boasted of the company saving $100 million by negotiating a limited recall for Toyota Camry and Lexus ES cars over a problem that could cause unintended acceleration."
    "Among other "wins" listed were "Avoided investigation on Tacoma rust" and helping win delays in various new federal safety regulations."

That ought to get things in perspective.

Re: More Toyota news - they do care

Great.
    America tries to build cars like the Japanese do.
    The Japanese try to run their business like Americans.
    That's a fine "how do you do?".
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
      Great.
      America tries to build cars like the Japanese do.
      The Japanese try to run their business like Americans.
      That's a fine "how do you do?".
      ....and the consumer get screwed. AGAIN!

Comment

I am not happy about those hurt or worse because of this, but at the same rate I am pleasantly happy with how this deal is just snow balling and putting the screws to them.

The domestics went through this for years, right or wrong.
        Nice to see the media bashing the heck out of an import for a change, but to say that gas pedal is an equipment recall and not a vehicle recall is total BS.
        I like the article bringing to light the BS on the tacoma frame issue as well.
        Andrew
        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I'm sure the frame issue is just waiting in the wings....

wouldn't you love to be the middle manager who drafted that document - he/she didn't have the power to approve the settlement, so had to write out the pros and cons of settlement with the US Gov. Of course, now, he/she is going to be fired for drafting such a document (even though it was their job to lay out the business case) so toyota can have plausible deniability (love that term)....

..... and the media wins again, politicians keep their jobs "because they investigated the issues", and American workers (not the ones at Toyota) can celebrate because they're selling more cars. >

ever wonder why nothing ever gets solved?
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
            The domestics went through this for years, right or wrong.
            It would take a heluva lot more recalls than what Toyota has had recently, to equal the same problems the Domestics had.

Buickguy seems to hit it dead on, IMO.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Sorry ,guys.. this is nothing new..
              they have been doing it for years..
              only NOW they got caught..
              the media and other (think j.d. power/ cus/reports/etc)have looked the other ways, for whatever reason..(I got my idea on that)
              they been doing this all along.. you think a land of people that hold human life in such low regards.. care about the human driving their product...
              HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAA/. is all I got to say about those that think that..
              remember Toyota IS backed by Japan's government...and not just for lower % loans..
              Japan is a very "long term " group of people..
              we forgot Peril harbor... they didn't forget whom bombed them..

Comment

yeah that makes sense. The Japanese hate people, so all this time it's been a coverup and now they've been foiled! Haven't I known this plot before? Scooby Doo episode perhaps?

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                  yeah that makes sense. The Japanese hate people, so all this time it's been a coverup and now they've been foiled! Haven't I known this plot before? Scooby Doo episode perhaps?

read it again.. scoot "low regards for human life"

Comment

How to the Japanese hold human life in low regards? Taoism has been a driving cultural force in Japan for thousands of years and it centers around life, longevity, etc.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                      How to the Japanese hold human life in low regards? Taoism has been a driving cultural force in Japan for thousands of years and it centers around life, longevity, etc.

thats not the stories you get from the ones that left and are here now..
                      ask around there is tons in quincy/randolph

Comment

" They do care"
                        Yea, they do now.
                        Obama said GM was to big to fail and now you see his plan.
                        If Toyota never came over here the recession would have never been here in the first place!
                        Everybody was just fine buying the big American 3 until the dragon had to enter the pic!
                        I hate Toyota!

Comment

A flaw in the design of Toyota's electronic acceleration system prevents the car's onboard computer from detecting and stopping certain short circuits that can trigger sudden speed surges, according to a professor of automotive technology, Dave Gilbert of Southern Illinois University.

This is the smoking gun for the electronic defect they've been denying. Now they get to recall EVERYTHING they've built with an electronic throttle, probably a stop sale on everything until they come up with a fix, and their credibility is now zero for saying it was only floor mats and pedals.

There's also a criminal investigation under way, and the SEC is looking at them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Not always. See "Kamikaze" in a dictionary.

Comment

THE SUSHI IS GETTING WORMY

Comment

Working...
                              X