More Toyota news - they do care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More Toyota news - they do care

Don't know if this is posted yet, but it's worth sharing.

BREAKING: FBI Raids Three Toyota Suppliers In Detroit

While Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda sits answering questions on Capitol Hill, the FBI raided the offices of Denso and two other Toyota suppliers in Metro Detroit for documents related to antitrust violations and hiding quality problems.

According to WDIV-TV in Detroit, the FBI raided Denso's offices as part of an ongoing probe into Toyota's 1.4 million unit recall, a larger antitrust action confirmed by Toyota to MSNBC. This comes at the same time as Toyota Motor Corp. CEO Akio Toyoda takes the stand in Washington, DC and follows a report that the SEC was looking into the embattled automakers.

A report on the Dow Jones Newsires (via Barrons) also confirms Yazaki North America and Tokai Rika were all subject to search warrants, though, without explaining why this occured. All of this happened yesterday evening

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
      Originally posted by dieselgeek
      Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      google mechanics can tell you all of yoda's problems
      Tell ya what. I'll send you a megasquirt and you make it run ANY car - then I won't snicker next time an "ASE Master" tries talking down to me. Sound OK Mr. Goodwrench?
      what you gonna do when my 454 is running with a ms
      I guess I'll pay the guy I bet that it wouldn't ever happen!

spidy wouldn't have any issue getting one running..
      Save that confidence until you know the actual effort it takes. MANY "top techs" have been humbled by the simple megasquirt. I dated a girl once whose 10-year-old kid soldered 10 kits in a row that turned out with ZERO defects in the build. One of those still runs in the parish turbo truck.

the tuning part might be the learnin g curve, but trouble shooting.. anyone in the dealer network for that long..
      can trouble shoot anything.
      Backwards again: tuning = EASY. Troubleshooting = challenge.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Well to everybody who bought a toyota and put a "big 3" worker out of a job, screw ya

Comment

Originally posted by Silver68RT
          Originally posted by antmnte
          Originally posted by Beagle
          Sigh. And I'm a Ford guy... I think it's an Government Motors driven scam to run up GM sales. (cough... did I say that with my internet voice?)

Hate to say it but you arent the only one to think that .I think ive heard that 5 times in the last week. (Scam)
          I don't buy that for a second. Toyota's been throwing a lot of money around to get Washington and a lot of governors in their pocket, not to mention the guys they hired from NHTSA to avoid getting recalls. They would have been able to keep on getting away with it for years, but that Lexus crash, with a 911 call from inside the car, and a state trooper behind the wheel who couldn't stop it grabbed peoples attention. They all died, there was no doubt about why, because it was caught on tape. Now the news media started digging into it, and all the stuff Toyota's been trying to keep quiet starts coming out, and the deeper they dig, the more stuff comes out, so they keep digging. The politicians are just following along with public sentiment, because if they let Toyota off now, they'll look like fools.
          Toyota's real problem are people that, like you, have decided without actual facts that there's some kind of huge conspiracy. The damage is already done, and it doesn't really matter if their cars "take off on their own" or not.

What's funny is, nobody has been able to duplicate the issue or really even find out what the supposed issue is. But that doesn't matter to the pitchfork wielding masses who act before they think. It's thissame mentality that has killed our economy if you ask me. Acting before thinking. Bottom line here is, nobody has been able to make a Toyota accellerate at random - and prove that it's Toyota's fault yet.
          yet you see no issue with this, when it's a ford/mopar or g.m.
          only now that it's your belovaed toyo

Comment

toy toy yoda - voodoo electronics and cars that kill - somebody call old stoney face nader

oops , he's on the payroll

Comment

I don't buy that for a second. Toyota's been throwing a lot of money around to get Washington and a lot of governors in their pocket, not to mention the guys they hired from NHTSA to avoid getting recalls. They would have been able to keep on getting away with it for years, but that Lexus crash, with a 911 call from inside the car, and a state trooper behind the wheel who couldn't stop it grabbed peoples attention. They all died, there was no doubt about why, because it was caught on tape. Now the news media started digging into it, and all the stuff Toyota's been trying to keep quiet starts coming out, and the deeper they dig, the more stuff comes out, so they keep digging. The politicians are just following along with public sentiment, because if they let Toyota off now, they'll look like fools.
              Toyota's real problem are people that, like you, have decided without actual facts that there's some kind of huge conspiracy. The damage is already done, and it doesn't really matter if their cars "take off on their own" or not.

What's funny is, nobody has been able to duplicate the issue or really even find out what the supposed issue is. But that doesn't matter to the pitchfork wielding masses who act before they think. It's thissame mentality that has killed our economy if you ask me. Acting before thinking. Bottom line here is, nobody has been able to make a Toyota accellerate at random - and prove that it's Toyota's fault yet.
              What planet are you living on? There's ample evidence that Toyota chose to pursue a strategy of blaming customers, denying problems, and avoiding recalls to maximize profits while customers died due to defective Toyotas. Bragging about being able to save $100 million dollars ( a "win" for the Toyota safety department) by talking NHTSA into doing a limited "equipment" recall on floor mats pretty much spells it out. That win cost four people their lives a couple of months later.

I can't wait to see what those FBI raids turn up. I predict Toyota will become the new asbestos as far as personal injury lawyers are concerned. They'll probably spend more on lawyers than steel this year.

If they'd stayed true to their core principles of safety and quality, this never would have happened. When problems first started to appear with their electronic throttles causing unintended acceleration, they should have immediately dug into the problem, found the root cause, fixed it, and recalled the vehicles affected. Instead, they chose to cover it up, and it's going to cost them dearly. Greed won, and the customers lost.

By the time this is over, that $100 million will look like the bargain of the century.

Comment

What planet are you living on? There's ample evidence that Toyota chose to pursue a strategy of blaming customers, denying problems, and avoiding recalls to maximize profits while customers died due to defective Toyotas. Bragging about being able to save $100 million dollars ( a "win" for the Toyota safety department) by talking NHTSA into doing a limited "equipment" recall on floor mats pretty much spells it out. That win cost four people their lives a couple of months later.

I can't wait to see what those FBI raids turn up. I predict Toyota will become the new asbestos as far as personal injury lawyers are concerned. They'll probably spend more on lawyers than steel this year.

If they'd stayed true to their core principles of safety and quality, this never would have happened. When problems first started to appear with their electronic throttles causing unintended acceleration, they should have immediately dug into the problem, found the root cause, fixed it, and recalled the vehicles affected. Instead, they chose to cover it up, and it's going to cost them dearly. Greed won, and the customers lost.

By the time this is over, that $100 million will look like the bargain of the century.
                lots and lots of speculation there. Nevermind waiting to see what actually HAPPENED before we break out the pitchforks...
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by ghustler
                  Well to everybody who bought a toyota and put a "big 3" worker out of a job, screw ya
                  psssst.... Toyota builds all these cars HERE. The only american workers we put out of business, don't even speak english - or live in this country....

Comment

lots and lots of speculation there. Nevermind waiting to see what actually HAPPENED before we break out the pitchforks...
                    Yeah, lets wait for a bunch more people to get killed and then do something about it. Good plan.

Comment

Yeah, lets wait for a bunch more people to get killed and then do something about it. Good plan.
                      whose planning?

Nobody even knows what happened. I bet you don't even know how many people have died in GM "WOT" incidents in the same timeframe... or how many recalls that <pick your favorite domestic manufacturer> has had... but you're just sure that Toyota has brazenly tried to kill their customers? Awesome.

Comment

Who here owns an Audi?

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                          Who here owns an Audi?
                          I maintain my neighbors Volksagen Passat 1.8t turbo. It's the same powertrain as an Audi A4.

It is without doubt, the largest pile of shit the automotive world has ever seen. At 100,000 miles, every moving or electrical part on this crappile has either been replaced, or is screaming for replacement. It's a knuckle eater - I hate that damn car with a passion. In one year I have done the Timing Belt replacement; (water pump, & tensioner - good luck finding the right parts with just a make, model, and year of manufacture - there were at least three water pumps used on 2004 Passat 1.8T engines!). Just finished replacing a fan pulley bearing last week, which requires "Service Positioning" of the front end of the whole car (drain coolant, disconnect radiator, intercooler, trans cooler, some oil lines, remove bumper cover and 400 other pain in the ass little things).

Man I hate that car so much. Truly, the worst thing in the world to work on. I'm begging her to buy a Chevy Malibu, IT IS THAT BAD!

Comment

I ask because they had an issue in this area, and made it through.

I have no doubt they be fine.

Comment

audis are pretty rough in the maintenence department

Comment

Originally posted by ghustler
                                psssst.... Toyota builds all these cars HERE. The only american workers we put out of business, don't even speak english - or live in this country....
                                are you ok,, your so blind it aint even funny..

Comment

Working...
                                X