Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What ever happened to common sense?

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
    I HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT - Vienna Sausages - they are pre-chewed AND already smaller AND in a can.
    Gross little turds too-
    I have threatened my kids with these. If they don't start eating all of there dinner thats what they will get. Seems there appetites have picked up lately.

Comment

BIG BROTHER MUST SAVE YOU,ME, THE WORLD..
      the fact that every board /forum in AMERICA will have this supject on the board and talk about it. and no one will e mail or write to their rep.
      is WHY we end up with this craziness..
      I really don't see it as common sense as much as a lawyer being able to sue the FDA for alowing an unsafe product to pass inspection.. and some ya hoo getting millions..
      the common sense is missing from the judges that award these type cases and don't throw the case out of court..

Comment

Ironhead, just because YOU never spilled too-hot coffee on your lap doesn't mean that those who have are idiots - or maybe it does. (You know I'm teasing you, right?).

But I'm thinking the pre-chewed hot dogs would come in a tube and you would squeeze it into the kid hypodermic-style. Nothing cylindrical to slide down Junior's throat. The "applicator" would be too big to fit in his little mouth. Picture a tooth paste tube, more or less.

Dan

Comment

:'( :'(

:D
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
            Ironhead, just because YOU never spilled too-hot coffee on your lap doesn't mean that those who have are idiots - or maybe it does. (You know I'm teasing you, right?).

But I'm thinking the pre-chewed hot dogs would come in a tube and you would squeeze it into the kid hypodermic-style. Nothing cylindrical to slide down Junior's throat. The "applicator" would be too big to fit in his little mouth. Picture a tooth paste tube, more or less.

Dan
            forget yogurt in a drinkable form. the newest ,koolest thing is from crapco
            drinkable weiners .. safe for all ages..

Comment

As much as you all are going to find this hard to believe, I belong to another forum as well. Yep, I occasionally go elsewhere for knowledge and entertainment. One of my favorite haunts is the ENGINEERS EDGE forum where I can ask questions regarding manufacturing and engineering for my job. They have been very helpful and they have a pretty good sense of humor for a bunch of engineers. I submitted to them the proposal by the feds to get hotdogs redesigned so as to be less of a choke hazard and awaited their response.

This is a classic example of what happens when you turn engineers loose on a simple problem. It is also why the government spends $372.45 on a toilet seat. I hope you can appreciate the humor in this as much as I do.

Here is the link to the Engineers Edge thread as well: http://www.engineersedge.com/wwwboar...268.html#16274

Ron

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                I just heard on the news where a group is pushing to "redesign" hotdogs so as to reduce the choking risk for small children.

WTF?

Whatever happened to PARENTS paying attention to what their children put in their mouths? I can still remember when I was a kid, my parents would cut my food into small, bite-sized pieces so my brother and I would not choke. Do parents no longer do this? For crying out loud, why is it people EXPECT someone else to look out for their well being rather than simply taking the responsibility upon themselves?

Wake up, people! There are potential hazards in EVERYTHING you do. Somewhere you have to draw the line and pick up the resposibility to look after your own family and self and not ask for someone else to do it for you.

If it keeps going at this rate, the powers that be will have us eating nothing but bran muffins and living in padded rooms.

It seems common sense is not too common any more.

Ron
                the market chooses empathy like a psychopathic predator..it is in automobiles, and microsoft windows...and microwave ovens, and shoes...and everything that needs common sense to be alive and getting stronger and smarter. Market collapses aren't bad if it is conquering these things..but that is not happening either. One way or another this truth is revealed if it means all of us suffering, because no one can defend themselves against billion dollar retards that actually get the money.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Now I'm lost and hungry

Comment

Working...
                  X