PCS Time again....C-Springs Bound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCS Time again....C-Springs Bound

So I just got my assignment notification to get ready to move in Aug. I'm headed back to Colorado Springs, CO to go work in Cheyenne Mountain. Can't say what my job is but it's going to be a lot of fun and as much as I'm enjoying recruiting, I'm going to be happy to head back to my careerfield of being a Physicist again.

Anyone in the C-Springs area?
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: PCS Time again....C-Springs Bound

worm holes. uh

Comment

I got my PCS orders too...moving in June to Albany, GA. Sorry...can't help with Colorado Springs.

Comment

Hehe... I know the Air Force Recruiting Flight Chief for that area, one of my old Operations NCO's. Great guy and supposed to be a very nice area too.
        Central TEXAS Sleeper
        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

My MOS school was there when I went through it, but that was 13 years ago and I was only there for 9 months.

Comment

Ah, home sweet home. I miss the Springs, really do. Only thing I don't like is how much it's grown...not so much since about '88, but since '99-'00 when I last lived there! The city has gotten huge!! If you're a nature guy you'll love it. Weather is predictable (Sun with afternoon thunderstorms...snow...sun...), many things to see and do, lots of racing nearby with Pikes Peak Raceway and Bandimere is a couple of hours away (or, in Bamfster's case, a couple of minutes.) Watch your car on Academy, a friend of mine just had his '08 Mustang GT totalled on Academy and Fountain.

I've been trying to PCS there for almost nine years. Damn your luck!!! :D
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

You'll love the Springs, both Colorado and Manitou......best assignment I ever had.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

This is my second go round there and its changed so much since I left in 2003! I know it's not going to be Ohio on the cars but there's a sizable number of people there who had a classic when I left and since the area has grown, I bet the number has too.

Remy, if you come to Ft. Carson, I'll definately look you up.
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Will you be bringing any of the project cars with you? CS is within a day's drive of me. Dangerously close for a bangshifter EFI weekend trip sometime...
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Oh yeah! The Riv is coming and if I'm good, maybe under it's own power!
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Doing all the work and studying you must have had to do to earn the title physicist was totally worth it.

Just being able to answer the question, "So what do you do for work?" With, "Physicist", must effin rule.

I guess that I impress easy, but to me that is a very neat thing.

Glad to hear you are happy with your assignment and will be putting your squash back to work for the military. I sleep better knowing smarty pants guys like you are on the job!

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                      X