transmission drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission drain

we have a 2004 honda crv 4 cyl auto trans.
    I need to replace the tranny fluid, can't find the tranny drain. this rice burner has a transverse engine and transmission I'm unfamiliar. I located what appeared to be a drain plug, it's got a 3/8" drive recess in the plug, but it wouldn't budge I almost bent the drive square on the ratchet. any suggestions?

Re: transmission drain

Shop manual?
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Blue tip wrench. ;D

Comment

I think those are internal filters that are only replaceable when you split the case....

Drain fluid thru drain plug, refill with 4 quarts. Take a cooler line loose and start engine and pump out the fluid, repeat until fluid that comes out of cooler line is fresh and clean. It usually takes about 12 quarts to complete.

Or you could just take it to a transmission shop and pay to have it flushed....
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Hope it helps.

Sorry I can't use the image links here at work.

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Honda automatics are not like typical automatics, they are a parallel shaft design, really more of an automatic shifted manual really.

They don't have serviceable filters - just a magnetic drain plug, and no drain in the converter, or access to it for that matter.

So far my wife's accord is at 180,000+ and all I've done to the trans is drain and refill a few times.

I would recomend that you stick with Honda ATF - since it's tough to get all the old stuff out - and mixing fluids can be bad mojo in these things.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by 67prostreet
                Here you go

Thanks bro...

Comment

Working...
                X