Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dannmar lifts - Wej-It Anchors

Spidey and Buickguy,

I do wish I had put the lift in a year ago. The lift design is pretty new, and I wasn't comfortable being one of the first customers last year when it came out. I wanted to let it get a little time in the market in order to judge its safety and reliability. There have been some design changes since the product was released. Plus, I was honestly real busy trying to get the car done. I'm still not done with the GTO. I have a different fuel sending unit I'm swapping in for the existing one. I've still got a little wiring to finish, set pinion angle, and a bunch of other things. But, there are three other reasons why it made sense to get it now.

1) Have you seen the bottom of my car? This lift will make taking care of it very easy. The car is gonna get driven. Which means it's gonna get dirty on the bottom. I can roll around under the car on a mechanics stool and it'll be way easier to maintain. This car will not be a garage queen - but I built it nice - the way I want it. It means I need to take care of it.

2) I do a lot of maintenance on the kids cars, etc. This thing will even make something as much a PITA as rotating tires a relatively painless process.

3) I'm also going to be helping my pap with his '54 Chevy truck project. We can use this to lift the cab, the bed, etc. As well as all kinds of other stuff.

And finally, I may be raising the lift arms and using them to pitch a tent over for me to sleep. My wife is getting a little towards the end of her rope lately. So, no luck in me giving the lift away

Comment

Don't let 'em harass you! I've had a hoist both here and in my Michigan shop for the past 15 years or so. I simply wouldn't do the stuff I do without it - but then, I'm an old fart! Have fun with it.

Dan

Comment

I'm putting a shop's name on my racecar just so I can use their lift. I'm tired of laying on my back. I wish I had one in my shop.

Bob

Comment

I too have a MaxJax lift. Mine is for the Delorean ;D Gabe at Danmar as well as Jeff, the designer, talked with me at great length before I bought it. I too was concerned about drilling and bolting down to my floor as my "inexperience" of doing such could be my demise! Anyway, once I got it, I proceeded to install it. I couldn't find a 7/8" bit to save my life but my hammer drill came with a 22mm one which was very close but very slightly smaller. The instructions really should tell you to drill one at a time, reset the unit, mark the next and so on. Drilling them all at the same time is not a good idea because concrete is very intolerant of misalignment. There is precious little space for error. So, when I went to hammer home the inserts, they were tight as all hell. I ended up with seriously sore forearms it took so much pounding. I didn't have any concrete cracking, and only minor cratering on the first one or two that I did when I wasn't as good with drill. The holes are so tight that not only can I torque well above the 90 lbs already discussed, but I couldn't even get all of them to fully pull up and "set" the anchor since the whole anchor was in so tightly! I mean I couldn't torque hard enough on a 2 foot wrench sitting on the floor. I thought about it carefully and decided that if I had already exceeded the torque spec and wasn't realistically able to torque them any more, they aren't coming out!! Why try? Since I now had a couple of these 1/2" or so lower than intended, it gave me the ability to "rim" the opening with some drizzled in epoxy to dress up any minor cratering or chip out...... I have had the car up on multiple occasions and it is solid. In looking at all of the force vectors, there is a lateral component to pulling the bolt out of the hole, not simply straight up. The combination of the tight hole and the base plate leverage makes me comfortable. PS, I love the lift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Does anyone else smell spam? :o :-X
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

From dealing on the new construction side with many of the pro type lifts and even a few home installs, chemical anchors are the way to go... Strong and unaffected by vibration. They provide a chemical and mechanical hold... It has been specified by engineers to hold everything from EZ-pass readers to smoke stacks at power plants...

Hilti RE500 SD comes to mind... Or HY150 max... The key is making sure your pad is thick enough.... For proper depth of the anchor...

Comment

http://picasaweb.google.com/10875513...LeFo7Tso9WNXA#

I still can't figure out how to post pictures, so here is a link to a bunch of pictures of the "spam". The Delorean is a fun little car that is a hoot to work on and take out for spins. Never fails to entertain!

Comment

If the air has cleared, I've posted elsewhere looking for advice on EFI if anyone can add to it......http://www.bangshift.com/forum/index...64.0;topicseen

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X