Hummer dead again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummer dead again

The Chinese said no - actually they pulled the classic "I'll get back to you soon" line and just didn't call back..... oh well, I'm not sure that Hummer fit within their branding of cheap, useless or worthless items.... ;)

maybe they can get toyota ;D
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Hummer dead again

20 years from now people will be drooling over those monsterous trucks and lamenting the gas prices that killed off all of the cool SUVs.

Comment

I thought the Chinese liked boxes with wheels? :D

Comment

Deader the better, from my point of view.

Dan

Comment

The only Hummer is the Original. The rest are just Chevy's with a sheet metal box.

Comment

they couldn't even master an m1009..perfect chance for strong eexpensible and workable... wtf did they think a ridiclously overthunk engineered piece of crap called a hummer was going to do? :

there is a tiny welded jap car I know of going farther...
            same for that avalanche...except the avalanche is more realistic, as unrealistic as it is, but only to compare to hummers.

a true enthusiast beating his 500 dollar home made specials could giggle at a hummer.

for the people. by the people. Right?
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
              there is a tiny welded jap car I know of going farther...
              im not a hummer fan by any means but...... :

Comment

Originally posted by 67prostreet
                The only Hummer is the Original. The rest are just Chevy's with a sheet metal box.
                X2. Just a squared off Chevy truck.
                The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

a nicer vehicle than most of the population can afFORD

Comment

Originally posted by Buickguy
                    oh well, I'm not sure that Hummer fit within their branding of cheap, useless or worthless items.... ;)
                    I'm sure.

(dude, unless it's a H1, a "Hummer" is nothing but a bone stock GM truck chassis with $800 of extra plastic, that GM charges you another $12,000 for)
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                      a nicer vehicle than most of the population can afFORD
                      The H2 is a Tahoe, overweight and slow.
                      Visibility, and interior space is cramped.
                      All that, yet way more expensive.

The H3 is is a turd, only uglyer.

The only real Hummer is the H1 or a Military one.

Comment

my heart has always been in 4x4 type stuff - for that reason I've had just about every kind of streetable 4x there is... and there are several things I like and hate about my hummer.... no, it's not a colorado - had one before this H3 and they're not even close in ability.... they are the best manufacture built 4x4 I've ever had - they have great chops.... and the venerable jeep... when they actually build it better then a FJ 40, we can talk... until then, get busy swapping motors, axles and boxing your frame.... oh yeah, and Range Rover/Land Rovers.... drive one, once and you'll quickly realize it's not all that and a box of cheese - it's design is that if we make it slow enough and with crappy enough electronics you'll never realize that it's a POS off road....
                        now, whoever was the moron who designed a 4x that you cannot see what is immediately around it - should really be strung up... I've driven a couple H1s a military (pays to have friends in low places); and a civie H1... wasn't impressed, it's just a big box that cannot go as far as a competent quad.... for the military, it makes sense.... for us... not a chance.... the H3 was the right idea, too bad we won't get the H4 - I'd have traded my 3 for a 4 because it's smaller and potentially a convertible.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I don't see tahoes with 6.0 and 4L80e
                          the H2 has a heavy duty frame and air lockers
                          good plow truck

Comment

From a military aspect: I HATE the original HMMWV. Good suspension, most Fkd ergonomics ever imagined (what six-foot-plus human fits in one comfortably?!?!), the 6.2 slug GM pawned off, and a 3-gear auto that gear-limited the bastard to about 50mph. I'd rather take an LMTV everywhere...without the govenor I can put that thing to 100mph comfortably.

The brand made absolutely no sense to me what-so-freakin'-ever.
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                              The brand made absolutely no sense to me what-so-freakin'-ever.
                              When things were good, it made GM a SHITLOAD of money. Now it's a cement block around it's neck.

Brian
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X