Metal in you eye SUCKS!!!
    that is all carrie on

Re: Note to self

don't be a fool,
    It's ok to look uncool.
    safety glasses are not just for nerds anymore

Comment

been there - done that - and I had safety glasses on!

The contact lens I was wearing caught one piece of it and stopped it before it hit my eye (small sliver sized pieces)

another piece went into my eye in the white area.... by the next morning it was killing me and there was visible RUST on the white of my eye.

Thankfully an eye doctor with a magnet was able to pull the metal out - and all it took was drops twice a day from there for a speedy recovery.

I hope you're site was in no way damaged!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Thats was the worst part I had glasses on and a welding helmet freak thing just sucks but patch off tonite so

Comment

Best of luck Man - do what the docs say and give it time to heal.

Comment

don't they sell rap around ones anymore..
            the ones I got.. close off the eyes almost like goggles..
            metal can't get in.. it have to go through the glasses

Comment

I got a small piece of metal into my inner ear one time back when I worked at the fleet garage in college. They sent me to the infirmary and the doc told me that he was going to blast it out with some water. Ok, sounds good to me.

He told me that your inner ears control balance and that I'd get dizzy, so hold onto the table I was sitting. Ok, sounds good to me.

He blasted the water it and it was like someone had hit me with an 8lb sledge hammer upside the head. I fell right off the table and smashed into the floor. Adding to the fun, I was so dizzy I couldn't stand up!

Went I took the nose dive off the table I landed on my hand, which was balled up and I essentially punched myself in the eye. I left the infirmary about an hour later with no metal in my ear....but with a black eye. The guys at the garage had lots of fun with that story.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                I got a small piece of metal into my inner ear one time back when I worked at the fleet garage in college. They sent me to the infirmary and the doc told me that he was going to blast it out with some water. Ok, sounds good to me.

He told me that your inner ears control balance and that I'd get dizzy, so hold onto the table I was sitting. Ok, sounds good to me.

He blasted the water it and it was like someone had hit me with an 8lb sledge hammer upside the head. I fell right off the table and smashed into the floor. Adding to the fun, I was so dizzy I couldn't stand up!

Went I took the nose dive off the table I landed on my hand, which was balled up and I essentially punched myself in the eye. I left the infirmary about an hour later with no metal in my ear....but with a black eye. The guys at the garage had lots of fun with that story.

Brian
                dude that sucks
                prolly the worst I HAVE HAD {PAIN WISE THAT YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING FOR} was gass in my ear wholey hell that hurt

I like when I went to the Doc and she is yelling at me not to move my eye like I could stop it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Brian
                  OMG Brian, Sorry man, but your story almost put me in tears I was laughing so hard..... ;D

I got a piece of a wire wheel in my eye when I was working at Sears in 1974, the eye Dr used a mini drill to get it out.... Freaked me out watching the spinning drill bit coming towards my eye :o But he got it out..... ;D

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

No worries man, it cracks me up thinking back on it now. I was on the floor of the infirmary rolling around thinking WTF just happened?!
                    Brian

Comment

Brian - it begs the question why the doc didn't have you lay down on your side when he blasted your ear with water....

The only time I was in the infirmary in college was when I woke up with chickenpox - they put me on display like a zoo animal - "chickenpox in adults is very rare".... nice

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                        Brian - it begs the question why the doc didn't have you lay down on your side when he blasted your ear with water....
                        Well, the guy was the doctor at a college infirmary, kinda like reaching "head bagger" or "afternoon fry cook" status in the medical profession I bet.

Comment

Thanks for the wake-up call. I've had my trip to the eye doctor before with a divot missing from my cornea... yet I'm still reluctant to wear safety glasses times I know I should.

It's completely irrational... but I don't like the way goggles or safety glasses impede me vision. The irrational part... if I don't wear them, I could end up having much worse than slightly impeded vision. :-\

Comment

I'm with ya!
                            Spent years working in machine shops, and had 3 occasions of metal in my eyes.
                            Never cool wearing an eye patch while trying to drive.
                            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

metal in the eye sucks.... I'm bad about wearing the correct safety glasses so I'm sure it's just a matter of time for me.... although, I worked with metal as a job for almost 20 years before my current gig which doesn't deal with anything sharper then a rhetorical dart.....

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X