The ups and downs of being sick....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ups and downs of being sick....

Well this mess sucks! I've got shingles. The good news is that I honestly feel fine for the most part. The bad part is the wife is pregnant and we have to stay in seperate rooms now!

I was planning on doing a lot of work around the garage and house this weekend but that looks like it's been canceled as were all of my OTS interviews for today.

The upshot is that I now have time to work on my continuing education for my careerfield and will probably end up reading most of the "megamanual" for the MSII/3.

Guess there's a silverlining in everything.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Re: The ups and downs of being sick....

been sick for two weeks no fun..
    shingles are more an older persons thing...
    once you have them you have them for life..
    grandma got them and it was no fun

Comment

hope you feel better, glad you are able to see the "good" side of this.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

My Dad had them for years. In fact, they eventually got worse and turned into cedar shakes (dumb joke, I know). But they finally did get them under control. Anyhow, the doc said that tension tends to bring them on - so DON'T BE TENSE!!!! For those not in the know - these are a form of the chicken pox virus.

Good luck and heal fast.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
          My Dad had them for years. In fact, they eventually got worse and turned into cedar shakes (dumb joke, I know). But they finally did get them under control. Anyhow, the doc said that tension tends to bring them on - so DON'T BE TENSE!!!! For those not in the know - these are a form of the chicken pox virus.

Good luck and heal fast.

Dan
          Shingles? They're like chicken pox? I've always heard of them but never knew what the heck they were.......

Comment

Not LIKE chicken pox - just caused from the same virus. Basically, in shingles the virus causes an extreme rash, usually around the waist. From what Dad said, extremely unpleasant.

Dan

Comment

Mine's on my back and it's just annoying right now. I do have a pain in my side that will probably breakout if the meds don't stop it. The biggest deal is keeping away from my pregnant wife who this can be far more damaging to her and the baby!
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

shingles suck , the old guy in the shop had them , worked with his shirt off all day

Comment

Shingles do suck. They can be very painfull. Meds helped but I missed a few days of work because of the pain when I got them. Hope you get over them soon.
                  1964 Chevelle
                  Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                  LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

not sick right now....but stuck in bed for 4 days...the ups...drugs and wireless internet....the downs....the fridge is down stairs....
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                    X