Gimme back my damn centerfolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gimme back my damn centerfolds

When I was a kid in the 60's, and about to spend my only quarter on a car magazine, I'd look for 2 things. Most amount of pages (nice and thick usually went to Hot Rod), and a killer centerfold for the wall (Car Craft usually good for that one)

STUGOTS

Re: Gimme back my damn centerfolds

Those were the days!
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

had many a hot rod centerfold on my wall as a kid..had not thought about that in a long time....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
        had many a hot rod centerfold on my wall as a kid..had not thought about that in a long time....
        Yeah, not much for the young, up and coming hot rodder in today's magazines. I wonder at what age these magazines become entertaining Vs. in the 60's?
        STUGOTS

Comment

Personally I don't find today's car rags entertaining at all. They're no longer "cool" to look at or read. And I'm not really sure how to describe what I mean by that. I just know they're not my cup of joe any longer. I just rec'd my second or third sub notice from Hot Rod... tossed it in the paper recycler.
          Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem
            Personally I don't find today's car rags entertaining at all. They're no longer "cool" to look at or read. And I'm not really sure how to describe what I mean by that. I just know they're not my cup of joe any longer. I just rec'd my second or third sub notice from Hot Rod... tossed it in the paper recycler.
            I agree! I get the big(?) magazines, because after refusing a bunch of their offers, they finally give in to a price where it's about 9 cents an issue. For that price, I run through them just for kicks. I don't believe much of what I read because I've first hand seen how the mags. cater to advertisers and shops that give free parts/service. Yrs ago, there was some Mopar/Chevy/Ford shootout where a Chevelle supposed ran 10's with minor mods. I have video of that Chevelle on a great sounding run (no probs), at Terminal Island at that time getting "had" by a 12 second car ;D. Hell, I've seen some of my own cars mis-represented from time to time in the magazines
            STUGOTS

Comment

I dont need to buy a rag ever again, all i need to do is go thru my back issues of any magazine I have and the stories, tech, paint and how toos are all the same, nothing new...and so much of the tech stuff being written now is so far above my head it pisses me off....so I swore them off...If I need a car fix, I come here.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Forgot about those, I had damn near all of my walls covered in them.
                sigpic

Comment

Damn! I forgot about those also. I wonder what ever happened to my collection?
                  It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

hemmings muscle mag
                    and hemmings classic car
                    are the only two I get..
                    hot rod and car craft failed to show up for the last two years.. so
                    bye bye
                    the only other one I get and it's more a news leter. is the auto restorer

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
                      I agree! I get the big(?) magazines, because after refusing a bunch of their offers, they finally give in to a price where it's about 9 cents an issue. For that price, I run through them just for kicks. I don't believe much of what I read because I've first hand seen how the mags. cater to advertisers and shops that give free parts/service. Yrs ago, there was some Mopar/Chevy/Ford shootout where a Chevelle supposed ran 10's with minor mods. I have video of that Chevelle on a great sounding run (no probs), at Terminal Island at that time getting "had" by a 12 second car ;D. Hell, I've seen some of my own cars mis-represented from time to time in the magazines
                      am I the only one surprised the groucho recycles? ;D
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I miss the Centerfolds also, out of all of the Centerfolds I've seen this one seems to be my favorite for some reason!

Comment

Speaking of centerfolds - am I the only one who thought pretty naked girls had staple holes in their middle?

Dan

Comment

Nope, Chad thought the guys had 'em too.
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                              Nope, Chad thought the guys had 'em too.
                              zing
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X