Gimme back my damn centerfolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gimme back my damn centerfolds

Poor Chad isn't here to defend himself. Not arguing the veracity of your statement, just seems like the timing is unfair.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix

I miss the Centerfolds also, out of all of the Centerfolds I've seen this one seems to be my favorite for some reason!

Damn... I missed that edition! There's just something about a "Box Nova!" Sinester!!!
      Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

That was the September 2005 issue of HRM, If you'll notice the fan belt hanging down under the car, that signaled the end of the Pump Gas Drags for us that year, you couldn't lift the hood between rounds. That was the first pass that we'd ever made on the car and the front end wouldn't stay on the ground anyway!

Comment

Cool pic Phil.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

yea, glad rodders journal gives me poster everyear....I miss the centerfolds too.

and yea, Phils the man!
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

That was the September 2005 issue of HRM, If you'll notice the fan belt hanging down under the car, that signaled the end of the Pump Gas Drags for us that year, you couldn't lift the hood between rounds. That was the first pass that we'd ever made on the car and the front end wouldn't stay on the ground anyway!

Phil: What's the best Purple II has posted on the track? BTW, I've seen pics of your '65 Chevelle... give us more detail on that... a 283ci with a PG?!?! Very cool!!
              Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem

Phil: What's the best Purple II has posted on the track? BTW, I've seen pics of your '65 Chevelle... give us more detail on that... a 283ci with a PG?!?! Very cool!!
                The car on the Centerfold is the Purple I car small block car and it's best is a 8.52 and it's pretty much up against it's chassis certification at 8.50 and I don't want to modify it any further because it is a street car.

The Purple II car is a street legal tube chassis big block car and it's went a best of 7.48 under less then ideal conditions so it still has more left in it but just not enough for Drag Week without throwing a bunch of money at it.

The 65 Chevelle was my NHRA SS/PA car, they allowed us .030 over so it was 287 cu. in. with a P.G. and That was my favorite car because it would react to any changes you made. I ran a best with it of 11.87 under ideal conditions at a points meet at York U.S. 30 and that was over 35 years ago! I remember that well because I ran it about 70 lbs. light on that run because I didn't want the record and it would have backed up an earlier 11.98 pass, I think the record was a 12.17.

Those were the good old days for sure, now Nik2 hints that I'm on drugs and him and 67Prostreet want to take people my age off the road! That's OK, I still have the fastest Electric Scooter here at the home!

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                  Originally posted by jcharliem
                  Personally I don't find today's car rags entertaining at all. They're no longer "cool" to look at or read. And I'm not really sure how to describe what I mean by that. I just know they're not my cup of joe any longer. I just rec'd my second or third sub notice from Hot Rod... tossed it in the paper recycler.
                  hemmings muscle mag
                  and hemmings classic car
                  are the only two I get..
                  hot rod and car craft failed to show up for the last two years.. so
                  bye bye
                  the only other one I get and it's more a news leter. is the auto restorer
                  Yup, the Hemmings magazines are good. Rodders Journal has decent posters but you have to order the good ones. Some of the mail order catalogues still have auto centrefolds.
                  Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Working...
                  X