Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of the country has the quickest street legal cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What part of the country has the quickest street legal cars?

I have been out there participating in late night activities in Chi-town, Detroit-Flint, NYC area, and here in toronto.

The guys in "joisey" and the NYC area are crazy fast. I think Detroit/Flint was second, with Chicago pretty close. Toronto is lots of stupid imports and with our laws, the fast guys are not coming out very much.

Comment

Originally posted by CJTORINO
      I'm going to say Denver Colorado.
      when the NMCA first started, they asked alot of people to join up, and when they sent me info I asked if their would be any events west of the Mississippi River.
      Their answer was NO, because ALL the fast cars were east of the river.
      somewhere, I still have that letter.
      And I wouldnt join the NMCA if it was free.
      Seriously thought of sending in some video of a '69 Camaro that was filmed at Bandimere Speedway (Elevation:6,000 feet).
      after driving the car to the track, and then promptly zipping down the track at
      7.95 @ 192 mph, the owner drove his car home.

Most of the national event drivers struggle at altitude,
      But the people who live there really get their vehicles moving.
      and their are alot of very quick cars in the mile high city.
      I have raced at Bandimere twice. It is incredible what an effect that altitude has on a vehicle. When the Bandimere racers come down to Topeka to race, wow! They either go really, really fast or they blow their stuff to smithereens. Something about oxygen in the combustion chambers will do that. ;D

I am sorry to hear you recieved such a bad image of the NMCA. In 2005, ProMedia bought the rights to the NMCA name and logo. I can proudly say things have progressed nicely. We still do not have any events west of the Mississippi, but for a much different reason than you stated. The problem we have with our series is logistics. We have two trucks with trailers that are used to stow and haul all of our gear for NMCA and NMRA races. With 9 NMRA races and 7 NMCA races, that makes for 16 weeks worth of racing at a different track each weekend. If you look at how the flow of things work for ProMedia, the races take a logical course from the South, up through the Midwest, back to the east and then back down south again. Most of our racers live east of the Mississippi river and for them to travel with the series west, it would surely tax the racers with high fuel costs.

I do believe there are some incredibly fast cars out west. I would love to see them race with us, but again, it is all about the distance traveled. I guess the racers have to weigh out their options and race where their dollars are best spent.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Rockford west of Chicago about hour has some of the baddest street cars

Comment

Florida, Port St. Lucie to be exact!
          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Rockford, Streater, Chicago IL and KC/ St Louis, MO in sheer quantity. These are bad ass machines, and the a lot of the big big power comes from a little place in Streator, IL. Lingenfelter's place in Indiana was good too, but they just aren't the same since John passed away.

That said I'll put Mike LeFevers (Mitech) up against anyone for finding the power, he is THE BEST. His FE stuff is nothing short of amazing his Shelby stuff should be his and his alone, and his Pontiac LSR car is second to none. He is also a good friend and a real scientist. I've been down really sick, but I'll call you soon Mike if I can find your number. I wish I could see well, I'd sweep your shop :-) Quantity is the thread, so I'll stick to that.

Comment

Midwest... Kansas city ain't bad.. but Chicago seems to have a concentration... Hmmm Nahhh Kansas city... yeah that's it...

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                Midwest... Kansas city ain't bad.. but Chicago seems to have a concentration... Hmmm Nahhh Kansas city... yeah that's it...

Keith
                you need to get out more.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Texas.

& theres a reason for it.

Comment

Dude... if I got out any more I wouldn't need a home...

I'd just get the motel in Enterprise....

K

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk

Keith
                      Keith, Kansas City is not a bad choice. Larry Larson is from the KC area as is Jason Carter. Yes, there are some hitters in KC. Oh... don't forget about Jeff with his badass N/A SBC-powered Malibu from Leavenworth (just outside KC).

Ron
                      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

There is so many good engine shops that produce bigtime power around here (chicago and burbs) and of course they end up in the streets.Hell my Camaro runs 9's in street trim and i won't even come close to some of these dudes .Its a battle for the power and competition is at its alltime highest.
                        Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

I can't believe how many people underestimate California. I grew up in a Northern California city of 50,000, and we had 8 second street cars there. There are tons of cars that are driven (at least rarely) on the streets here that pull of 9s and 8s, and even a few in the 7s.

Comment

Working...
                          X