Chile's 8.8. may hit Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chile's 8.8. may hit Hawaii

Chile is in shambles after an 8.8. earthquake.. that put Hawaii on wave alert

say a prayer for those in chile.. and maybe for Hawaii

Re: Chile's 8.8. may hit Hawaii

Sunami in Hawaii will be very very bad....fingers crossed....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

So I guess now everybody is supposed to send them $10?

Comment

eartquake in chili - how much will this cost me ?
        ever since the cia messed around with augusto pinchet ....it must be our fault

on another note , my parts mgr just left for hawaaiian vacation this morning

Comment

Talked to my son this morning from Hawaii. He said they are sounding the sirens every half hour. Most people are preparing for loss of electricity. Some regions are closed but people are taking this seriously. We just got back from visiting them and I could see where this may be a big problem with the people who have property close to the waters edge.
          Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

Wife's cousin is in honolulu, her husband is in the Navy. He had to get to the ship to get it out of the harbor and into the open ocean.
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Yep, saw this on the news when I woke up this morning. That's a HUGE earthquake. And there is a good reason to watch for a Tsunami across the Pacific (this quake was under the ocean). That zone I believe has not only one of the highest Continental plate speeds (upwards 9 inches/yr) and to top it off the crust is relatively hot and buoyant so it doesn't want to sink under South America. Makes for a lot of binded up rock.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

They said you could keep yours.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how this all settles out. Does anyone know how far inland a Tsunami generally goes? I never heard about that from the big one in S.E. Asia. Just wondering how far inland the Hawaiians will need to go.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                    It'll be interesting to see how this all settles out. Does anyone know how far inland a Tsunami generally goes? I never heard about that from the big one in S.E. Asia. Just wondering how far inland the Hawaiians will need to go.

Dan
                    some of the islands.
                    they can't go in far enough

Comment

Figuring an 8ft wave, so probably 12ft above sea level. How far inland depends on the topography.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                        Figuring an 8ft wave, so probably 12ft above sea level. How far inland depends on the topography.
                        rushing in at how many knots and with how mush pressure (gallons of water) behind it

Comment

They've got the entire West Coast on watch, too. The first waves are gonna start hitting Ocean Shores/Westport ....well, any minute now.
                          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

It just said Hawaii dodged a bullet and only had 3 foot waves. Finally some good news for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by ghustler
                              Since you're such a compassionate creature... I'll match every dollar you contribute with one hundred.
                              Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Working...
                              X