Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anybody know anything about this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anybody know anything about this???

ive never seen anything like this before. and im just curious ;D

Re: does anybody know anything about this???

wow.

Comment

Now the cool thing would be to finish it, get accepted and take it over for the Mille Miglia!

Big bucks, but it would be huge fun. The newer BMW motor would help with reliability - but it would also reduce your chances of having your entry accepted.

Comment

It's cool but that seems like a ton of money for an unfinished car with what I'm taking to be a non-original engine. Maybe $60K or so?

Dan

Comment

Not worth a whole lot of anything unless he has a TON of documentation to justify his claims ??? And frankly if that car was really worth anything it would NEVER have wound up on Craigslist :P Collectors would have known of the car and snapped it up long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
            It's cool but that seems like a ton of money for an unfinished car with what I'm taking to be a non-original engine. Maybe $60K or so?

Dan
            I think you're being generous Dan.................

Comment

Originally posted by starterguy
              Not worth a whole lot of anything unless he has a TON of documentation to justify his claims ??? And frankly if that car was really worth anything it would NEVER have wound up on Craigslist :P Collectors would have known of the car and snapped it up long ago.
              What he said.

Comment

dorky to the extreme

Comment

Originally posted by starterguy
                  I agree.

and inline anything, new or old, it is a dufus. maybe they try 1mil someplace else. This guy must be in his unhindered non maine influenced world.

of all places to step up with an inline for a million? that is quite bizarre.

if he paid too much, he's gonna eat it.

in the same small state there is a 66 chevelle with its original 283 looking ready to go for 1400 bucks.oh the extremes... :

hey I hand rolled some body panels on a 10 geared liquid cooled AWD boxer with a 1 year paint code...hows, he give me 3 million and his scraps for trade.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

>hor=starterguy link=topic=20275.msg378421#msg378421 date=1267311285]
                    [/quote]

that's like say'n all barn finds are already found..
                    but HAY, he could've took it to Russo's or b.j. and had it totally... collectors dream.. >

not knowing anything about the car.. I can't say
                    but it seems odd to thing collectors know where every car is.. and when it may come up for sale..
                    price does seem high..
                    but who knows... just cause the newer BMW drivetrain is installed doesn't mean he doesn't have the original stuff..
                    on one knows unless they have intrest in it and call..
                    but dismissing it because it's on craigslist.. is.. silly also

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
                      [ and inline anything, new or old, it is a dufus. maybe they try 1mil someplace else. This guy must be in his unhindered non maine influenced world.
                      Not saying this car is worth it, but "inline anything is a dufus"?

Have you ever left your hometown? Are you KIDDING me? Wow. Do you even know what the Mille Miglia is?

BTW, the torque from those BMW I6's will drag boxer 4s across the country. Doesn't mean the boxer is "dufus". Just means that the 2.8 and 3.2l BMW inline motors are real nice powerplants. When's the last time a boxer powered car won the 24 Hours N?rburgring?

Comment

Just ignore Boxer, he's from another plant (that's my best guess anyhow)

Still curious why the "3 main" boxer is the worlds best engine..

Comment

boxer berlinetta means something
                          subbie ? just another vehicle to serve boost with

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                            boxer berlinetta means something
                            subbie ? just another vehicle to serve boost with
                            i always thought they were made for people who like to express their opinions through bumper stickers ;D

Comment

oh yes - using "envision world peace" bumper stickers as rust spackle
                              one day at a time
                              save the whales

Comment

Working...
                              X