PICTURES - Billet-Proof Car Show in Gainesville, Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PICTURES - Billet-Proof Car Show in Gainesville, Florida

Bruce (cobra), Dave (Dave The Bartender) and myself attended the Billet-Proof Car Show in Gainesville, Florida yesterday and had a great time, regardless of the weather being cold and rainy.

Billet-Proof is for 1964 and earlier vehicles, without "bling" or modern parts, so don't expect to see any Double D's here. Some are traditional and others more the Rat Rod style.

Hope you enjoy the pictures !

Re: PICTURES - Billet-Proof Car Show in Gainesville, Florida

Dave broke a rear shock on his beautiful Turquoise '55 Chevy.
    The only time the sun came out was when Dave and Bruce where under the car ...
    :-\

A friend of Dave's, Larry showed up with his very cool '37 Chevy Pick-up.

This boy enjoyed the attention that his Schwinn chopper received.

A pretty model was hanging around too ...
    ;D

Comment

Oh Boy! Too many rusty/patinaed trucks and gassers to pick a favorite.... I see a piece of cardboard is all it takes to make some cars "billet proof" lol.

Thanks for the show coverage Steve.
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Oh yeah. Man I enjoyed that show and I didn't even have to go.

And everybody is so into restoration or what not, but I believe that rusted "American" truck is absolutely perfect exactly the way it is. Perfect. I wouldn't touch it with anything.

Thanks for the free ticket Steve!

peewee

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

cool pics, thanks for the coverage....some neat rides for sure..but I got to ask

WTF..
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

unsafe at any speed..
            love to see the cops. face after a stop

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
              I see a piece of cardboard is all it takes to make some cars "billet proof" lol.
              Good call! I was trying to figure out what the cardboard was about, lol. Seems like a lame thing to do to "fit-in". I understand the look and vibe the show but c'mon, the Centerlines are cast aluminum (albeit not pre-64 :P).

Bummer about the weather, but I don't think many of these guys care too much about getting rain on their car :D

Thanks for the pics Steve.

Comment

i see more that 1 set of aluminum wheels not covered by cardboard..an inside joke perhaps...
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I see a piece of cardboard is all it takes to make some cars "billet proof" lol.
                  Good catch Jeremy ... I was surprised they let him in, because they were turning back other cars with modern wheels and were pretty strict with the theme. He must have "known" somebody !!
                  :P

Comment

mmmmmmmmm
                    chocolate

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                      Good catch Jeremy ... I was surprised they let him in, because they were turning back other cars with modern wheels and were pretty strict with the theme. He must have "known" somebody !!
                      :P
                      Sounds pretty crappy to turn someone away cuz of their wheel choice...selective discrimination...why not turn this guy away?

or this guy?

Comment

shit....or this guy....

seems like a group I would just as soon not be associated with

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
                          Sounds pretty crappy to turn someone away cuz of their wheel choice...selective discrimination...
                          Joe, you seem rather upset, but it is all in the Rules and Frequently Asked Questions for everyone to understand ahead of time.

RULES
                          - 1964 and prior TRADITIONAL style rods and customs ONLY
                          - No visible billet anything! Especially wheels!
                          - No digital gauges
                          - No IFS on fenderless cars
                          - No trailer queens
                          - No mag wheels made after the 60's
                          - No high tech styled, pastel heart beat graphic, tweed interior, fenderless IFS sporting hot rods
                          - Traditional looking choppers and bobbers ONLY! (No modern West Coast Choppers, OCC style bikes)

F.A.Q.s

What is "traditional" style?
                          If you dont know what a 50's and 60's styled hot rod or custom is, refer to the rules at the top of the page for the roughest of guidelines. Other than that, look through pictures of past shows on this website to get a taste of the style. You can also refer to hot rodding magazines from the 50's and 60's. They are full of 50's and 60's styled hot rods and customs.

Is Billetproof a "Rat Rod" show?
                          No.

Is Billetproof a Rock-a-Billy revival?
                          No.

I have an Aluminum intake on my car, can still come to the show?
                          Yes. Cast Aluminum parts are fine. Obvious machined billet Aluminum parts are not.

My car is...
                          painted
                          has chrome
                          ...can I bring it to the show?

Yes. The past was not black and white, nor was it dull.

I have a fiberglass body car, can I bring it to the show?
                          Yes.

I have a post 1964 car/truck that has the same body style as the 1964 and prior model, can I bring it to the show?
                          Yes. An example of this would be a 1966 Chevy truck. They had the same body style from 1964-1966, and all of those model years are welcome at the show as long as they are traditionally styled.

Why do you hate Billet parts?
                          We dont. We respect the high tech side of the hot rodding world. This just isnt the show for those style of cars. Billetproof is for 50's and 60's styled hot rods and customs.

I'm going to try and sneak my high tech rod/off topic car/car that doesnt fit the rules into the show!
                          Are ya? You rebel you. While we appreciate the enthusiasm for bringing your ride to Billetproof, please dont. You will be turned away at the gate. This just isnt the show for it. You wouldnt take your cat to a dog show, or your jacked up 4x4 to a low-rider show... so dont bring your high tech billet clad hot rod or custom to Billetproof. Come on out as a spectator and enjoy the largest gatherings of traditionally styled hot rods and customs.

I went to a Billetproof show and saw a car that I dont think should have been in the show.
                          Relax. Its just a car show. Occasionally one or two cars that dont belong in the show get past the Gate Goons. It does not mean that you can also bring in your off-topic car. Nor should you be upset that "they" got in and your off-topic car got turned away. There are always openings to work as a Gate Goon at each show. You are welcome to volunteer your time to make sure this tragedy doesnt happen again.

I went to Billetproof and thought my car should have won a trophy and now I'm upset.
                          Boo-hoo. Billetproof never has been a haven for trophy whores. The trophies are made and given out by car clubs. They are nothing more than the expression of what those clubs liked best. There are no "judging sheets" or points systems. If you would like to make a trophy and present it at the next Billetproof show, contact us!

What should I expect at a Billetproof show?
                          A good time. Billetproof shows are relaxed afairs for like minded gear heads to gather and enjoy the day. Talk to fellow car owners, you'll love the stories and likely meet some new friends. The many different venues where Billetproof shows are held offer up different flavors to each show. There will likely be live bands, some venues allow burn-out contests (others dont), lots of great venors and of course tons fo traditionally styled hot rods and customs. We post a schedule of events at each show and then do our best to stick to it. If somethings happen a little early or late, dont stress, its just a car show. We do our best to make sure everything is in place for you to have a good time. If there is something that we can fix, let us know. We're always trying to make the shows better.

For more information - http://billetproof.com/

Comment

Not upset....just don't like inconsistency with "rules"....the gate goon excuse is crappy IMO...everyone working the gate should be on the same page to keep it fair....everyone should have an equal shot at participating...

Comment

Rules to who can bring what to a car show are dumb ...

what make the "trad guys" so special? , hell they are more than happy to roll into shows like goodguys with their cars

Great pics , looked a little wet ?

Liked the orange mini-bike !!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X