A valid complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A valid complaint

Well, I've been wanting to get my pilots license a lot lately. I was at the doctors and mentioned this to him, and it turns out I have absolutely no chance at getting my pilots license because of my add, I hate this, I don't get distracted when I drive (since I stopped letting Ozzy come with me), and since there are no old cars in the air, there would be even less to distract me, still can't get my license apparently. A real downer, I REAAALLLY wanted to fly
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Re: A valid complaint

Find another doctor and just get an FAA physical....that's all you need, more to the point, if you buy or build an experimental class plane, there's no formal training required
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

That or try gliders. DO NOT lie about your medical history though, if you do and you get caught you are up S*** crick and the water just got to deep for the Eagle. IIRC, the requirements for a sport pilot and a glider pilot do not require a medical, only a pilot cerificate. I will check my FAR/AIMs and get back with you.

Comment

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure you're right Walt
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Once upon a time privately, own land, one could fly with hardly anything.

I spotted a kid on you tube who does the crop dusting, seems teen in age
          I could guess these things still happen but rare.

I too wanted license, a taste of flying in military..but was injured. could go for it now, but won't.

I guess a 3 main boxer is close enough.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
            Well, I've been wanting to get my pilots license a lot lately. I was at the doctors and mentioned this to him, and it turns out I have absolutely no chance at getting my pilots license because of my add, I hate this, I don't get distracted when I drive (since I stopped letting Ozzy come with me), and since there are no old cars in the air, there would be even less to distract me, still can't get my license apparently. A real downer, I REAAALLLY wanted to fly

You can fly just dont fly over my house

Comment

Technically, the FAA doesn't have a problem with ADD. They object to pilots taking Ritalin and similar drugs.
              The FAA seems to treat most medical issues this way: Have a physical or mental illness? Keep it under wraps and you are cleared for flight. Seek treatment and you're grounded!

Comment

ADD is a bunch of bull shit. A term made up by the medical field. The military saw this crap years ago and had ONE pill that would fix what was ailing you, the placebo (sugar pill). If you just have to call it something call it what it is, a short attention span...... Oh look, something shiny. ;)

Comment

Working...
                X