No announcement yet.

anybody see an article about a rare 1969 396ss chevelle that was in a tornado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody see an article about a rare 1969 396ss chevelle that was in a tornado

A friend of mine was telling me today that there was a very small article in some car magazine (maybe a few months back) about a rare color engine combo 1969 396ss chevelle (green). the car was once damaged in a tornado and had since been restored. If the story is true I know one of the previous owners of the car and would love to see it in the mag. Supposedly it was one of the small articles in the back cover. I am just trying to find out if it is true. thanks in advance!

Re: anybody see an article about a rare 1969 396ss chevelle that was in a tornado

396 WASN'T RARE IN A 1969 CHEVELLE
    and the body color green wasn't either..
    the 396 came in three flavors 325hp/350hp/375hp
    what is it that you think is rare?
    maybe if it was a softtop and the top was green

Comment

Re: anybody see an article about a rare 1969 396ss chevelle that was in a tornado

legend has it that it it was 1 of 3 that was green on green with the 375 hp 396 with a m-22 trans, and supposedly it is the only 1 of these 3 to survive. I know that the car that I am thinking of had these options, I am just trying to see if it was really as rare as the local rumor has it.

Comment

toss that question up over at teamchevelle.com
        theyed know.. there is a few.. with books and books on those type of things..
        and the info from straight from chevy..
        but green on green wasn't rare.. no the 375hp ..
        but who knows..
        ask over there... you'll have a better chance of getting a straight answer...
        or p.m. mr 4speed here.
        I think he's a member over on team site

Comment

Working...
        X