Any Sleeper Cars here @ BS???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Sleeper Cars here @ BS???

All this talk of Fox's has made me think about one of my Mustangs tucked away for winter. I've always loved the Sleeper cars who get your attention real quick once you see them run...."there's no victory sweeter than the one your antagonist never saw comin."
    This is my '91 I bought for $500 as a driver with 4 cylinders/auto....ruff lookin, but absolutely solid car. I knew what it's destiny was the day I saw it. My friend offered up a lowbuck 406 sbc and I did the rest to see how fast we could go.

I left the interior vertually as I got it....fits the look perfectly.

Now, other than the tires out back who would suspect?
    Do the typlical Fox stuff without leading to much on....8.8/spool 3.73, tired lookin 50/50 shocks, anti-roll bar with a sway bar as well (no bag), weld up the seams, no frame connecters, 90/10 struts...you know, the casual looker stuff.

So I take the hyperutectic pistoned chevy, turbo 400/3500 stall....mid plate and motor plate it because I think it will make the car alot more rigid and tell everybody I got it that way. Put a small shot of spray on it (150hp) cause of the pistons (I know >) and begin hiding the goods.

my center console...Edelbrocks Progressive controller, Autometers electric bottle pressure gauge, MSD's timing controller, bottle heater switch, NOS switch, relay and fuse.

No tach....Autometer rpm activated shift lite mounted behind speaker grill on driver side. Switchs in console for line lock, fan, purge valve, fule pump.

The trunk...for arguments sake, I'll remove the bottle if it will make you happier. ;D

Two dzus's and the bottle plate/rug come out. The trunk contains a 5 gallon cell, bottle w/heater, pumps, Optima battery, power cutoff, batt posts, relays...the stock tank is fake. I removed the top side of the tank and the bottom of the spare tire well....from underneath it is undetectible, dirt, rust and undercoating are still there.

The fuel line, return line, nos line all enter the frame rail here and are snaked thru the rocker on the passenger side, exit behind the plastic wheel well up front to hidden regulaters.

No sump with lines hangin out, stock fuel line to the front, and out of state plate help the effect.

My favorite....the young kid I bought the car from had quarts of trans fluid and brake fluid in the back floor along with this brand new bottle of laundry soap...they're there for every pass.

I could only do so much with under the hood...if they see it. The battery that appears bungied is actually a well mounted plastic display battery which is actually hooked up and I use it to fire my timing light.

The car is a blast to drive, leaves hard and straight and I dont worry 'bout the paint.

I lost my buddy's 406 in the lights. I haven't figured out these drag radials yet...as you pour the power on it tire shakes sumpin fearse!!! Shook so hard, went from 1st to 3rd and one hyper didn't like it much. You probably noticed it doesn't have a roll bar and it needs a cage to be legal. At the big end with oil covered tires, I was a drivin sum bitch...makes you start to think!

Haven't decided what I'm doin with the car yet...but I want to know if there are any other SLEEPERS on BS!

Re: Any Sleeper Cars here @ BS???

I'm really diggin that car.... ;D
    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

now That's a Sleeper!! ;D ;D

Comment

Well, first I saw the fat tires and thought, that's cool enough! ..... then I saw ..... the other stuff.... :o ;D :D
        President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Thats a real light to light killer..... Nice ride.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

NICE CAR.
            so, when you dropp'n fodged pistons in.. ;D

Comment

this thread made me giggle like a school girl....
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

WOOD!

(yeah, this will be on the blog Monday)
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  WOOD!

(yeah, this will be on the blog Monday)
                  so much for sleeper...
                  was sleeper,,, not anymore

Comment

Love a good sleeper...Nice!!

Comment

I like the rat-nasty missing doorhandle with the dangling wires.

You are a master of disguise, sensei...... ;D
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

The SBC fits the vibe much more than the LS engine ever would have. I like it. If you can sort it out, a set of 235 or 255 drag radials would be even cooler.

Now all you have to do is grow a mullet, wear a wife beater and have a chain drive wallet to finish the effect.

:D

Comment

That is genuinely bad ass! Sleepers are the best. ;)

The first night my BB Biscayne "debuted" on the street it was dirty with rusty steel wheels (one snow tire on the front), a column shifter, and Super Shops stickers on the quarter windows(crooked-with wrinkles). We couldn't buy a race. "You two guys-in a car that looks THAT bad-NO WAY!" Later my buddy said "I think we overdid it with the snow tire".

Comment

Awesome Mustang, faster than I expected it to be.. ;)

Been workin on one, probably will come together next winter. The idea has been eating at me for 10 years now. The GTOs and Firebirds are too obvious, so I am building a T-37 I got from a junk yard in 86 for $175. All the A body suspension stuff will work and its easy to make a Pontiac look like its nothing special.

It will look grandma fresh, bench seat, column shifter, and the engine will look like your basic 350 Pontiac with a stock 4 barrel intake and a Qjet stuck on it. Might even run cast iron manifolds. It was an AC car so all of that stuff will probably be on it, just gutted, no heater core in the air box under the dash, and precious little of anything else that it doesnt need to keep the water out and go down the track.

Rally II wheels with cheap radials, probably with the white walls out, no wider than 245 60 15. Th350 built with my fun mods and a 3000 stall in it that drives normal until you whack it. 3.08 to 3.55 gears in a 12 bolt or a 9" with a 10 bolt cover welded to the back of it and lift bars hidden with under coating, adjustable uppers, 90/10 front shocks painted black, trick springs, and the front end will be as light as I can possibly get it. Run ballast hidden under the rear bumper along with a full tank of fuel.

Fiberglass fenders and a bolt on glass hood. The plan is to cut the inner brace off a set of rusty fenders and bond them to the glass fenders, and disguise an aluminum radiator support with fan fold foam covered with plastic screen door mesh and gorilla glue. Its the way my brother builds RC flying wings, and you can stand in the middle of his 6' span and it barely bends. Incredibly strong and very lightweight. Glass fender wells up front, and if I can figure out the bumpers they will be glass too, but look like pitted chrome.

High compression 455 or 400 with a 4.5" stroker crank, ported iron heads, and a mild hydraulic roller cam so the idle doesnt sound racy. Run it on E85/HE100 so nobody smells race gas. Should be able to get close to 600hp/tq if I run headers and a 3" system to the tail pipes. It can be a little loud but not very noticeable, I want it under the radar, just a nice looking old grandma Pontiac. Dont need nitrous, cant get a bottle filled around here anyway.

It wont look rough, just a cheap single stage enamel paint job in Lucerne blue. There wont be much to give it away, and only a few Pontiac guys would notice much, even then you tell em its a 350, they will believe you. They arent my intended targets anyway.

Comment

damn cool sleeper
                              terry

Comment

Working...
                              X