Assembly line ring toss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembly line ring toss?

Pulled out the rear springs of the El Camino this morning. Apparently in 1972 they were handing out rubber spring pads like lollypops at the dentist's office. Thought I'd share

Re: Assembly line ring toss?

added by owner to keep spring from rattle'n around with air shocks pumped up..
    I had 4 on each spring on mine, as the noise was crazy

Comment

That makes sense. There were air shocks on it when I got it. These "add ons" were only on the passenger side. Is it common for the passenger side spring to sag more?

Comment

Originally posted by meatwagon
        That makes sense. There were air shocks on it when I got it. These "add ons" were only on the passenger side. Is it common for the passenger side spring to sag more?
        Pre-load for a harder launch!

BTW-all El Camino's came from the factory with air shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed

Pre-load for a harder launch!

BTW-all El Camino's came from the factory with air shocks.
          Got it. Not dragstrip savvy at all, I'm afraid. Removed Hi-Jackers, had no idea they came with air shocks stock. Right on

Comment

He liked fat chicks and put those on so it wouldn't squesk when he picked one up. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Nik2
              He liked fat chicks and put those on so it wouldn't squesk when he picked one up. ;D
              Better off with a sticker on the passenger window: "NO FAT CHICKS. TRUCK WILL SCRAPE."
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik2
                OK now that made me start laughing out loud, and now people are looking at me ;D
                sigpic

Comment

You guys haven't seen the wife. Aint exactly lost weight over the last 20 years. I think I'll leave the "extras" in :D

Comment

You guys haven't seen the wife. Aint exactly lost weight over the last 20 years. I think I'll leave the "extras" in :D
                    You got any extra 'extras'? My wife ain't exactly lost weight since we got married either.

Comment

Working...
                    X