Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to Sissel's?

For you six cylinder folks -
    I've had the Sissel's website marked for years but now it's inactive and apparently available as a domain name. Kay Sissel has been dead for years but his protege, Mike Somebodyorother (last name escapes me) was running the shop and offering parts and services. Anyhow, does anyone have the skinny on this? I Googled and came up empty.

I have a line on a Sissel head for my 250 and was interested in learning a bit more about it.

Dan

Re: What ever happened to Sissel's?

Back in '05 I bought some stuff from them,but it's been awhile since I've last ordered anything from 'em. How about their Phone #626/331-2727. There Website was..... www.sissellsautomotive.com . I hope they're still around :'(. ~J/W.

Comment

crate motors or progress

Comment

Mike Kirby is/was the guy running the company
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

found this post in another forum...from 04...the number is still listed as Sissells on a number of search engines and sources..maybe he just said to hell with the web page upkeep.....

Hey you Guys! It's great to see some BB6 guys here in So Cal. I live in Lakewood and nearing completion of my 27T HiBoy. I took my engine to Mike Kirby at Sissell's in Covina. I cannot say enough about Mike Kirby. He spent a lot of time helping me choose the right componets, etc. He did the port/polish on the head, sbc valves, bbc roller rocker arms, Crower special grind cam. The shop next door, R&R Automotive, used to rebuild the OraWheat bread truck fleet - all bb6 equiped. They really know the Ford bb6! The buildup was not cheap (prices were about the same as other 'speed' shops around), but I know it was done by the best on the west coast, possibly in the country. Mike Kirby's number is 626-331-2727. Give him a call before you decide where to go. Mike is noted for his 12 port Chevy alum heads but he really does like the Ford 300
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Thanks folks. I'll need to give Mike a call, I guess. I was hoping to get a pic of the head as maybe it'll help me figure out if I can run it in Classic classes in LSR. The rules say it has to have "stock port configuration" - which I think leaves the Sissel/Kirby head out of contention if it is, indeed, a 12 port. I guess we'll see ......

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X