Is THIS Bangshift approved??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is THIS Bangshift approved??

1974 MGB Roadster, 400CI Chevy Crate Motor, Early FI heads, TRW performance Cam, Weiand 671 Blower, 2 625cfm Edelbrocks, 200-4R Trans with 1900-2300 Stall Lockup Converter, new narrowed Ford 9" rearend 4:57 posi/Moser Axles, 5 core radiator with 3300cfm Black Magic Extreme Fan. Car has new custom black interior, power brakes (Wilwood 4 piston calipers front and Ford truck rear), rebuilt front and rear suspension and new springs, Western Wheels and new tires. Everything in this car is either new or rebuilt. This car is a unfinished driver, driven weekly. All mechanical work is done, just needs minor body work and paint to finish. $10,500 as is or $7500 without Blower setup OBO.
    Hot Rod Hotrod

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: Is THIS Bangshift approved??

The motor is.

Comment

funny looking especially the rear end with the tires hanging out of the wheel well.
      It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

not considering looks here...it probably doesnt handle well....it does look silly...however...we have a blown smallblock in a car that weighs...what....22 pounds? ...... i bet it would be a kick in the ass to bea thte shit out of...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Oh look-a T-bucket. :

Bet that thing's never seen full throttle cause it won't go straight at half throttle. Overdone, flashy, non-funtional, and slow. A waste of perfectly good parts and a perfectly good MGB.

Comment

m g b .......this car is a poor man's cobra
              and everybody loves cobras

Comment

Lose the blower, get the rear axle narrowed to help tuck the tires under the car, and switch out the wheels and tires for something that looks and fits better ... could be a cool ride IMO.

cheers
                Ed N.
                Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

I'm a fan.

I also think that Bob Ida built the greatest "big motor in little furrin car" example of all time with his 392 hemi powered Austin Healey.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    I'm a fan.

I also think that Bob Ida built the greatest "big motor in little furrin car" example of all time with his 392 hemi powered Austin Healey.

Man, I miss modified production classes....

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

The Hemi in that A-H reminds me of a scene in the Movie 'Tommy-Boy': "Fat Guy in a little Coat,Fat Guy in a littleeeee Coaaat" ;D ;D. Meanwhile,somewhere in Tennessee,there's a "Chromosexual" sportin' a major-league 'Stiffy' :o :o ;D ;D!! ~J/W.

Comment

yeah . much love to texas rd , right around the corner from raceway park

Comment

Hell, I'd take it.
                          I'm just not getting a 1320-style vibe from this one, though.....open-road madness is what this one calls for!

Narrow the 9", sort out the front and rear suspension(lose the stinkbug stance)....new rolling stock, stretch/flare the fenders around the wheel openings.

As cool as the blower is, I'd go naturally aspirated....not a hell of a lot of room in there to begin with, would be a clusterfrick trying to stuff a turbo/blower system in.

Yank the 200R4 in favor of a row-yer-own............who cares if it's Bangshift approved(sorry guys)?It's a neat little car with lots of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                            Hell, I'd take it.
                            I'm just not getting a 1320-style vibe from this one, though.....open-road madness is what this one calls for!

Narrow the 9", sort out the front and rear suspension(lose the stinkbug stance)....new rolling stock, stretch/flare the fenders around the wheel openings.

As cool as the blower is, I'd go naturally aspirated....not a hell of a lot of room in there to begin with, would be a clusterfrick trying to stuff a turbo/blower system in.

Yank the 200R4 in favor of a row-yer-own............who cares if it's Bangshift approved(sorry guys)?It's a neat little car with lots of potential.
                            I like your plan. In the process of doing that I would swap out the wheels for a set of these...

Comment

Working...
                            X