Career Path Shown on a Graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career Path Shown on a Graph

Here I am, off topic again. Got a thing on email today that contained a whole lot of graphs. Visual representations of data. The first one blew me away. I knew it was true, but had never seen it presented as a graph before. I'm sure this doesn't apply to anybody here, except for me. It's a statistical photo of my life. Here it is:

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Re: Career Path Shown on a Graph

Could probably replace "why you drink" with "how much you drink" in alot of cases.

Comment

Well, if you study the distance between the red line and the blue line, the amount being consumed may be equally proportional.

Comment

LOL. That graph represents today perfect. :'(

Comment

That's so correct for our times-especially for 20- and 30-somethings that went to university with the promise of a great career & tons of money. Gotta love that post-secondary advertising to high school kids!

Comment

On the timeline, I'm about three pixels to the right of the "E" in TIME. I'm waiting for that big surge upward as shown on the graph.

Comment

Hilarious -- I forwarded that to some of the guys at work. Thanks for posting!

Comment

That graphs site looks to be pretty fun- just took a glance at it.

Comment

The interesting part of the first graph is that even though the end point is higher than the starting point, it is assumed that one would be depressed because things didn't go quite as good or better than expected.
                  The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                    Here I am, off topic again. Got a thing on email today that contained a whole lot of graphs. Visual representations of data. The first one blew me away. I knew it was true, but had never seen it presented as a graph before. I'm sure this doesn't apply to anybody here, except for me. It's a statistical photo of my life. Here it is:

my career is on there too, its the bottom black line. :
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
                      The interesting part of the first graph is that even though the end point is higher than the starting point, it is assumed that one would be depressed because things didn't go quite as good or better than expected.
                      That's big Gene. It's all a matter of persective. If we never "expect" anything, we'd all be glad for what we have. Which I am. Lucky to be below the line. The imaginary line.

So how can a lying cheating no-talent vagabond rise to power in so many situations when the rest of us are down here saying "ME - I can do that!" I guess life by itself is confusing enough.

Comment

Can a calculus wizard here give us the area of the yellow and tell us how much alcohol was consumed?
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                          Can a calculus wizard here give us the area of the yellow and tell us how much alcohol was consumed?
                          Yes. It's the square root of how many beers are in a case multiplied by the amount of time available to think about it divided by how much money is available multiplied by how often it happens.

Pretty simple, really.

Comment

But that graph can't be real because bosses rise to the level of their incompetence - thus, the boss's intended path is actually lower then their actual career path because of their incompetence.... ;D I also understand that the boss's career achievements actually adds to the area in Yellow on your graph..... ;)
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You mean like this?

Comment

Working...
                              X