Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MICHIGAN: Active Legislation Impacting Collectors: HB 5897

Originally posted by BluLightning

In Ohio, I've got the Galaxie registered with historical plates and it's a $30 one time fee. Never have to pay again on that car.
    Don't be so sure...That's what they told us when we bought our authentic plates (non-expiring). Guess that was too good to last > Next will be our permanent trailer plates. They have already recinded the education promise. When they break promises to the kids in our state, everybody else is more than fair game. That's what happens with short sighted thinking
    Donna
    Williamston, MI
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Re: MICHIGAN: Active Legislation Impacting Collectors: HB 5897

I know many folks that live near the MI/WI border and use a WI address since registration costs less here. The other side of that, WI charges $250 plus sales tax when you register a classic or antique and the plates are good for ever. You can move them to a different ride by paying a transfer fee.

Daily driver plates are $75 a year for cars and start at that for trucks and go up depending on registered GVW.

While I live in one of the HIGHEST TAXED states in the country, our registration fees are reasonable, for now.
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Working...
      X