Punch that hole in my man card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punch that hole in my man card

Got a filling done today and I decided against Novacaine. I had to speak at a meeting about 2 hours after my appointment so I couldn't afford to be drooling on myself more than I already do.

I'll be honest, it hurt like 28 mo-fos, but it is kinda glorious to say I did it. I just asked the dentist to tell me when he was getting close to something that was going to hurt. He was kind enough to do that and I was kind enough to nearly rip the arms off the chair when he went in for the kill.

It was white light kinda pain.

My wife called me a stupid ass. :D

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Punch that hole in my man card

I think you get a double punch for that one brother!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I was in a similar situation and did the same thing - had to get the filling done then and there (at home on break from college) and couldn't get drugged up.

I think KT would call it hurting like 14 scalded mo fo's or something but - the pain was over as soon as the drilling was over, so that was a good thing.

Since then - I get the local.

When I got the wisdom teeth pulled - I was gassed out --- wow that messed me up for quite a while after I woke up....
      permagrin!

Hopefully the presentation went well - and you drooled on yourself less than usual. ;)
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Experiencing pain where the color leaves everything in eye sight is at a nasty level.

I only experienced that kind of ouch once in my life. The first day I was allowed solid food after having my colon removed. It was two days after they removed the 60 staples from my sternum to my pelvis. They cut my six pack muscles in half. I got sick from the food and every convulsion was getting stabbed in the gut. An orderly found me on the floor, put me in bed, and hit me with a large by huge dose of morophine.

I'd rather drool on myself and talk with a funny lisp than deal with that.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Big Guy SCARED :o :o of little Drill ;D?! ~J/W.

Comment

Your new nickname is 'Cryin' Brian'.

Nice job there, toughguy!

Comment

Ouch! Punch that Card

And your Wife was right (But I'm sure you're used to hearing that ;D :P)
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

When I got the wisdom teeth pulled - I was gassed out -
                I remember the first time I went under the gas at the dentists.
                When I was sufficiently high, I turned to the nurse and asked if she did much French kissing....
                She smiled and said, "He's ready, Doctor!".
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Holy Hell man!!
                  I don't think I could ever do that
                  Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I'm not ashamed to admit to being real scared when the doc went in with the ingersol rand drill. I'll also admit to the fact that your brain can tell you a million times how bad something is going to hurt, until it actually happens and it hurts 100x worse. :D

Like Milner said, for the most part once the drill stops the pain goes way down. It is still tender, but not that bad.

Comment

Now,Brian can no longer stay around Dremel Tools......the SOUND....*BZZZZZZZZZZZ* :o :o :o ;D,make Him crazy! ~J/W.

Comment

I had several fillings when I was younger. Until the age of 12, I never knew what novacaine was. Apparently, Dr. Othmer felt the pain was enough of an incentive for me to brush properly. Finally, after explaining to my mom why I made so much noise in the dentist's office that it hurt like crazy, she asked the dentist what anesthetic he was using. When he said none, mom found me another dentist.

Moms are kickass people.

I know your pain, Bruab. I also know that smell of burning enamel....

Ron
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward
                          I also know that smell of burning enamel....

Ron
                          Man, I hate the SHIT outta that smell!

I've got a jacked up dental history as well. Lots of time in the chair as a kid due to some weirdness with teeth that came in with no enamel on them. Hey, I did my part to save the environment, that syringe with the novacaine in it doesn't have to go in the autoclave to the cleaned now! (assuming they did it before) :D

Comment

Yikes! I couldn't do that.

Comment

My dentist has an appointment with me tomorrow evening.

I choose drooling.
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X