Scientist say no more then one major earthquake per year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scientist say no more then one major earthquake per year

So Chile was hit again with two earthquakes this morning.... as coincidence I was watching a national geographic show about earthquakes (breakfast watching)... and they said "the earth is hit with one major earthquake a year" - this was said in 2006 - so what's up? is it just a year of cosmic bad luck - last count there were 5 major earthquakes in a month's period of time.... (Haiti, Chile x3, Taiwan).... thoughts?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Scientist say no more then one major earthquake per year

The torque created by all the Prius's going mad is causing additional stress on the plates causing them to shift sooner.

Comment

Scientists say a lot of things, keeps their funding. It's all coincidence and statistics. There can be a run of several big quakes for a few years, then be quiet for several years, then the numbers show we have one per year.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
        The torque created by all the Prius's going mad is causing additional stress on the plates causing them to shift sooner.
        I knew if we searched hard enough, there'd be an environmentalist to blame ;D

Comment

Someone's obviously playing God.

President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

According to Hugo Chavez, the CIA has an earthquake generating machine which caused the Haiti earthquake.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I have the perfect video I want to post here, but I can't get the link to it through the firewall here :'(

Comment

I have an earthquake machine, but its still rather small. There is a purple one around this board somewhere that makes larger ones...

Averages are a man made thing so we can understand things and figure risk. The entire pacific rim is made up of volcanoes and has earthquakes constantly around the edges of the plates. Its not a secret, and its been that way for millions of years. Saying we will only have one earthquake per year is like saying there will only be 20 tornadoes, and 4 hurricanes this season. It might be right, it probably wont. The big difference of the last 20 years vs the previous millennia is that we can communicate instantly and view the entire globe with satellites, so we know about more events now than we used to. Things still happened prior to that, but we simply never heard of it while it was pertinent.

But really its the rapture or something, yeah thats it... ;)

Comment

to clarify.... this has nothing to do with rapturesque ideals... rather it's another great example of how numbers can be used to play with people's minds.... numbers only describe something that happens in reality; numbers are NOT reality.... (which is a long winded way of saying what Randal said ;D)

or, as my statistic teacher used to say "stop thinking that numbers are real!"

Comment

A song called time by pink floyd has a tribal drum beginning, the bass, the frequency, the echo, the irregularity...
                    play it at 50% speed and think of the earth stone cold sober. :o

After welding to the point of strange accusations of what years unfolded, and density and frequencies changing, just by increasing psi. the car is its own planet...I thought of the earth then too.

In 2008, trucking in the cold morning fall rain, I was awakened by singing alloys, a higher than normal turbo, 85 mph into a north wind...two worlds colliding. It could be heard for miles in the maine wilderness. I am familiar with the clashing. I thought of the earth then too.

at 56 degrees a normal temp, 1/10th of a degree change for any given season is freakin huge catastrophe, a wave that will not stop..until it meets its soft match, like sand bags on a runaway hill.

maine had the top 3 warmest february since record keeping for 2010. I smell a hurricane already,and it is only march...

Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

would you believe THREE tremors here in the last WEEK?? :o :o

two located between the nations capital (ottawa ontario and montreal Qc, IIRC it was a 3.8...

one in quebec city couple days ago...

we NEVER get this shit up here...
                      "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                        Scientists say a lot of things, keeps their funding. It's all coincidence and statistics. There can be a run of several big quakes for a few years, then be quiet for several years, then the numbers show we have one per year.
                        Originally posted by Buickguy
                        to clarify.... this has nothing to do with rapturesque ideals... rather it's another great example of how numbers can be used to play with people's minds.... numbers only describe something that happens in reality; numbers are NOT reality.... (which is a long winded way of saying what Randal said ;D)

or, as my statistic teacher used to say "stop thinking that numbers are real!"
                        Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                        I have the perfect video I want to post here, but I can't get the link to it through the firewall here :'(
                        ;D

Comment

Randal that is great lol

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
                            According to Hugo Chavez, the CIA has an earthquake generating machine which caused the Haiti earthquake.
                            Chuck Norris works for the CIA?

Comment

Originally posted by 68 Valiant
                              Originally posted by studemax
                              Chuck Norris works for the CIA?
                              The CIA works for Chuck Norris.

Comment

Working...
                              X