Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future CarJunkies

Let's see 'em. Here's mine:

1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Re: Future CarJunkies

Picking a race he can't win (a couple years ago):

Here's another one of my future racers helping with her 1st engine swap (at age 2):

Just put shoulder belts in the Chevelle - now I get to have them prod me into "making smoke" and making it "louder" when I get them from daycare (doesn't take much to provoke Dad into teaching them some bad habits. ;D

The pink seat has got to go - the little ones are getting Recaros soon (I like the side impact protection feature), even though I sit in $15/seat junkyard specials with twice as expensive JC Whitney seat covers (but they're light and were the most comfortable and least smelly ones I could find in the junkyard).
    Tampa, FL

Comment

DOC with the SEERED car his kid already has one of those Simpson car seats, he is in training you know.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

This is Jason the youngest of 4 He is a MACHINE junkie...if its got wheels or an engine he digs it........he tells me "daddy make it go vroom vroom vroom" so I rap the pipes for him and he LOVES it...his bed time stories are from CC and HR...he picks them.

Joey...he inherited my sunny disposition ( he like to paint the car..spry bombs)

Kali...shes just pretty...the reason I am gun shopping.....(she likes to sand and pull stuff off)

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
          Kali...shes just pretty...the reason I am gun shopping.....(she likes to sand and pull stuff off)
          Too bad she's the oldest. Then Joey and Jason would be better than guns to ward off bad boyfriends. ;D

That Jason looks like he could be future trouble. I'm a little nervous that my payback is going to come from our little girl. :P

Tampa, FL

Comment

This is my little Car Junkie,and yes thats her 4 wheeler.

This is my favorite picture of her

Comment

Originally posted by MadmanMark
              Too bad she's the oldest. Then Joey and Jason would be better than guns to ward off bad boyfriends. ;D

That Jason looks like he could be future trouble. I'm a little nervous that my payback is going to come from our little girl. :P

ahhh the oldest is 18 (no pic) and the 2 little boys a real bruisers despite their small frames...Jason is trouble already man..no need to wait

and as far as payback from your daughter...its comming...its called dating....

Comment

Originally posted by MadmanMark

ahhh the oldest is 18 (no pic) and the 2 little boys a real bruisers despite their small frames...Jason is trouble already man..no need to wait

and as far as payback from your daughter...its comming...its called dating....
                I don't envy you when she discovers boys. I don't have kids yet, but I definitely remember what my Dad went through with my older sis and her picks of boys. Exactly the types my Dad didn't like. Made for some entertaining weekends for me.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

She's helping me rebuild the car now. Loves just to be able to hang out with me with no one else around is what she said. I think she just likes my music. ;D

Comment

Every day, sometimes more than once, my 20 month old daughter, points to the book "Diggers, Funnies, Gassers & Alterds" , says "TO" (her word for "auto") and wants me to go through it with her. I decided I'll try to have her identify the cars, I started with Willys and Anglia, she's doing good with those so far. She also goes through a Rhino 4 Cd box set called "Hot Rods & Custom Classics".
                    I take her to my friend's shop from time to time, last week I put her behind the van steering wheel for the first time, she loved it.
                    Whether any of this amounts t o something in the future...who knows. At her age I was calling out most of the cars on the road, but I wasn't trying to learn two languages...
                    Ran

Comment

Well... I don't have any recent pics of my kids. (really just too lazy to post) I think my oldest son, Nova will be a car-nut and his brother Austin, a future NFL'er I suppose.

Comment

Here are my future CarJunkies...

;D

Comment

All "Car Junkies of the future"...should study:

electrical storage design & hydrogen utilization. :o

Comment

This is my grandaughter, Nova.

Comment

Here is my boy in the drivers seat of the '70 'cuda we had 3 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X