Buyin the New Classics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyin the New Classics

Just wondering if any of you are planning on buying the new Challenger or Camaro. I think the new Mustang comes out in 2009 also. Anyone going to take the plung?

Re: Buyin the New Classics

I can't afford one, unless that book I'm working on becomes a surprise bestseller. I might reconsider once they've been out long enough for the novelty to have worn off and resale values are way down.

Comment

As a sidenote, although the Challenger may not be availible with a stick at first, it will get a 6-speed soon. This same tranny will evenually be availible on the Hemi Chargers. I heard this from a Chysler employee who works with the SRT division.

Comment

I always wait til they work out the kinks. Usually a year or two.
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

As much as I would love to get one, the reality is I can't afford it. I am also waiting to see what happens with gas prices. If we are going to be paying $4 or $5 bucks a gallon then my daily driver will need to be something more economical than a V8, no matter how much I may lust for it.

I will have to be content to be a spectator for the first couple of years. Perhaps a couple of years from now, if gas prices are reasonable and if they are available in Plum Crazy, then perhaps I would be able to make it work. However, I am not holding my breath as I have 3 sons to put through college so I don't see myself being able to afford a new Challenger in the forseeable future.

Comment

New Classics

AutoWeek says: "only 7000 SRT-8 Challengers will be built in the first year.

Only in black, silver and orange. Expect a 15K+ and up dealer surcharge

on each, added to the 42K factory MSRP window sticker. 4200-pounds.

(Manuals to be avaiable "sometime" in 2nd year of production.) No dealer

will get one that is not "pre-sold" before its delivery."

Comment

I'm hoping to pick up a new challenger in '09 w/ a 5.7 Hemi and a stick. That's assuming the price is nearer to 30k and I'm where I'm hoping to be financially. I'd like to get a 6spd w/ the 5.7 but it may only come w/ a 5spd - no official details on this that I know of.

If that won't work out I'm thinking about a clean used v8 Mustang with a stick. Maybe 06-07 ish?
              That in no way means I'll be selling my Dart or Z, just adding a new member to the family :

You gotta have fun, gas prices be damned......

Comment

Ha. Maybe when I'm damn near 40, ready to restore the f-n' thing. $42K for a car? No way.
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

If I did, I would run it to death so Remy-Z could restore it!! ;D

Comment

Gee, thanks! :D Make sure you keep those factory rims/tires, too...

I'll leave the dubs/big ass stereo system/LED lighting/bodykit and I'll show it as vintage. ;D
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                    X