Cool Modified powerstroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Modified powerstroke

can remember if this has been posted before, if it has shoot me.

This is the Video I shot at the DHRA World Finals in Houston, Texas on Oct 14th, 2007. This is brought to you by the North Texas Power Stroke Association, nt...

pics

Re: Cool Modified powerstroke

Cool truck. Can't wait til pullin' season starts...
    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

I am loving that stuff as the six fades away.
      Looking forward to the whole rainbow of mods...especially the causual.

3208 turbo.

I spotted via the net a 3208 cat in a farm tractor, it looks like it could fit in the pickup trucks..has anyone done it?
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Man, that's one pullin SOB - probably scared the crap outta the guy in the sled.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

That's impressive!!

But I doubt it makes the claimed 2000hp. I could see 1000, maybe 1200?

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            That's impressive!!

Really? He's moving a pretty serious amount of air with those compound turbos. Only 1200???

My buddy's Cummins made 1000 on a single and it seems like it was only half the size of one of those. What is the limitation on making big power with a 7.3 (educate me, I really don't know).
            Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Originally posted by ford141
              That's impressive!!

Really? He's moving a pretty serious amount of air with those compound turbos. Only 1200???

My buddy's Cummins made 1000 on a single and it seems like it was only half the size of one of those. What is the limitation on making big power with a 7.3 (educate me, I really don't know).
              For diesels, the airflow is more proportional to the torque... horsepower is really out the window on these torque monsters.

Although, I'll recant my earlier thoughts because, if they're spinning that engine to 5000rpm or more, then it's possible. For me, comparing diesels has always been easier when comparing the torque numbers they make, instead of horsepower. Same goes for using turbochargers from a diesel, on a gas engine. A cummins Holset HX3x might only support 300hp on the diesel but will make 600 ft-lbs of torque. On a gas engine, it'll support 500+hp, and 600 ft-lbs of torque...

THe other thing that drives me nuts, is guys that use Dynojet numbers for their diesels. I have seen a (Cummins) truck that laid down 800rwhp on a Mustang dyno, go straight to a dynojet shop and put down 1600+ - dynojets are obviously thrown out the window with low RPM torque monsters like these.

The other thing, looking at his pics, is that cylinder head a 3208 Cat or is it off a powerstroke? I didn't think powerstrokes had that many head bolts?

Not to take away from what is obviously a badass truck that works great - that thing is very unique and impressive.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by ford141
                That's impressive!!

For diesels, the airflow is more proportional to the torque... horsepower is really out the window on these torque monsters.

Although, I'll recant my earlier thoughts because, if they're spinning that engine to 5000rpm or more, then it's possible. For me, comparing diesels has always been easier when comparing the torque numbers they make, instead of horsepower. Same goes for using turbochargers from a diesel, on a gas engine. A cummins Holset HX3x might only support 300hp on the diesel but will make 600 ft-lbs of torque. On a gas engine, it'll support 500+hp, and 600 ft-lbs of torque...

THe other thing that drives me nuts, is guys that use Dynojet numbers for their diesels. I have seen a (Cummins) truck that laid down 800rwhp on a Mustang dyno, go straight to a dynojet shop and put down 1600+ - dynojets are obviously thrown out the window with low RPM torque monsters like these.

The other thing, looking at his pics, is that cylinder head a 3208 Cat or is it off a powerstroke? I didn't think powerstrokes had that many head bolts?

Not to take away from what is obviously a badass truck that works great - that thing is very unique and impressive.

My understanding is, it is a billet powerstroke head, it has a mack v8 injector pump, i was told he has over 100k in this engine, and it has had puppies at least twice that i have heard of.

Comment

in that case, I am starting to believe the numbers then!

so this really ain't much of a powerstroke, but an absolute badass all-custom creation. In the diesel world, that's about as awesome as it gets IMO

truckpuller, where are you located? I live near Treynor / Oakland

Comment

little po dunk town called New Market, i will have to say for such a small town we have one of the absolute best 4th of july celebrations around

Comment

in that case, I am starting to believe the numbers then!

so this really ain't much of a powerstroke, but an absolute badass all-custom creation. In the diesel world, that's about as awesome as it gets IMO

truckpuller, where are you located? I live near Treynor / Oakland
                      About the only thing that remains of the "origional" powerstroke is the block.....

Comment

35-40 minutes from me - we almost have enough people in the area to do a bangshift lunch or dyno session...

Comment

35-40 minutes from me - we almost have enough people in the area to do a bangshift lunch or dyno session...
                          Let me know, i work graveyard in Shenendoah, im always up for something fun, i dont have my truck put together yet tho, may have to beat on the wifes bonneville like a rented mule for a while, that would be fun...........

Comment

WOW, Scott actually saying something positive about a Ford Diesel!

I wonder if the Devil knows he's about to get a blast of winter ;D

Just kidding DG.
                            Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                              WOW, Scott actually saying something positive about a Ford Diesel!

I wonder if the Devil knows he's about to get a blast of winter ;D

Just kidding DG.
                              :D

I sometimes make fun of Mopar but I love Eddie Miller's motor... not a huge Ford fan but I dig John Force's ride. This guy's engine is the the diesel equivalent to a Funny Car engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X