VCR Tech help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCR Tech help?

I'm pretty much done with video tapes but I do have some home movies that I want to download to my puter so I can copy them to DVD and be able to post some on YouTube.
    I have an RCA VCR that started eating tapes and I thought about taking it in for repairs, then I thought I may be able to repair it myself.
    Anyone here have any luck with this kind of operation? I'd hate to just try a demagnetizer then ruin a tape trying it.

This VCR is several years old but has been one of the best that I ever had. Nothing has ever been done to it as far as cleaning or service.

Re: VCR Tech help?

Jeff,

Take the cover off and see if there is any build up of sticky gunk or foreign debris on the head or any of the capstan or rollers. Just clean it off using Q-tips and alcohol and then try a tape that you don't care about.

Second option is just go to Wally World and let them convert your VHS home movies to DVD for you, their camera / development section has a service that is pretty fairly priced.

Good luck and let us know how you went ....
    ;)

Comment

Uhhhh, there might be something on these video tapes that I would want the employees to see???? ;D
      Nothing legal. Just maybe some female nudity at various car events. :o ;D

Comment

Mmmmmm, maybe you can send them to me to convert then, huh ?
        ;D

Comment

I'm next (waving hand in the air frantically)!!!

Dan

Comment

Yeah post them once you get it all straightend out.

Comment

Working...
            X