looking for seam sealer recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for seam sealer recomendations

As I am getting closer to finishing my floor pan install I need to decide which seam sealer I am going to use. there are a lot of choices and i am not an expert. I used the clear ( 1 part) 3m stuff before I wasnt happy with how it tooled or how it stuck. I would like to use a 2 part because I am assuming it will be better. I was wondering what you have had experience with and what should I stay away from? Eastwood sells a 2 part but I have never talked to anyone that has used it. Thanks in advance!!

Re: looking for seam sealer recomendations

3m body shutz

Comment

POR-15 makes a seam sealer that dries harder than my head! It spreads nice and even...just don't get it on your hands or anything else...it will never come off!

Comment

3M makes several million types of the stuff so it depends on getting the right one for what you want to do. The trouble is that most body shop supply houses only carry a couple of them because they don't want to have a huge stock when most shops only use one of two types. Probably worth a look at the 3M website to see what they have with the characteristics you're looking for. Also look at what SEM has to offer - they make a bunch of that stuff, too. I doubt Eastwood actually makes any of their own products so you need to find the maker of whatever product that looks good in their catalog. Eastwood has a very high opinion of their repackaged stuff, judging from their prices.

Dan

Comment

SEM or 3M. Both brands are quiet affective

Comment

Working...
          X