Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should I paint my Monte Carlo ss firewall semi gloss black or body color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I paint my Monte Carlo ss firewall semi gloss black or body color?

I am getting ready to paint the firewall on my car and I am undecided which color I should paint it. the car is the stock 1984 blue color. I was going to go with the typical semigloss black but a friend of mine suggested painting it the body color. What do you guys think? Any pics of the firewall being painted body color especially blue would be very appreciated! If you would like you can email them to me. Thanks in advance!

Mike

[email protected]

Re: should I paint my Monte Carlo ss firewall semi gloss black or body color?

Do it body color.All the cool kids are doing it.Least those that have mopars. ;D

Comment

depends I guess on what you want out of the car...do you want to keep it factory looking or does it matter
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by ksj1
        ...Least those that have mopars. ;D
        Yep, body-color firewalls are Mopar style. I'd say, keep it GM. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
          depends I guess on what you want out of the car...do you want to keep it factory looking or does it matter
          X2

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
          1966 Plymouth Fury III
          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

My original paint 87 Buick T-type is body color.

Comment

go with the semi gloss. Easier to touch up-match on down the road if something happens.

Comment

The top part of the firewall should have been body color from the factory. Where the factory undercoating stops and if the car had been undercoated after the factory can change how much of this original paint you see. My SS is black and I had my painter shoot it all at the same time. The front clip and drivetrain being gone made that easy. On an 83-84 blue car it depends on what your going for. A quick spray bomb of black is easy to do and easy to touch up later. Inside the fenders should be body color.
                GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Also think about cleanup. What kind of driving would you be doing, and how crazy would having some road grime on a blue firewall drive you, and would you be able to clean it up if it did?
                  sigpic

Comment

Montes have body color firewalls.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                    X