Make your Focus cool!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your Focus cool!!!

Ok, so the first problem with the subject is that it assumes anyone here has a focus. I know.
    The subject of the Kugel Focus came up in the Questions about Mags thread. Remembering the article said they were selling everything needed for the conversion, I figured I'd check out the site since I never did before.
    It's been four years since the article appeared, so I was thinking those Focuses (Foci?) are pretty cheap now, let's see what the conversion parts cost.
    If you're curious, they say about $5,500 for the conversion parts sans the motor and trans. But this car's been done, here's what I found interesting on the site:

Q: Have you used any other engine for the conversion?
    A: Yes, we now have a kit for the 4.6L 4-cam Cobra Mustang engine and we will soon be looking at the single overhead cam engine.

Put your Ford SOHC in a focus! Now there's an idea!

Still not worth the price of the conversion in my oppinion, but thought I'd share. If you're not familiar with the conversion, the page is here:

Re: Make your Focus cool!!!

I love the idea of BIG ENGINE..small car

BUT...

It is still a fruity focus. YUCK. Just not worth looking that bad to have a sleeper. There are to many other small cars that will swallow a big motor that don't look so... bad?
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

I banged gears in a 2003 SVT Focus for a couple of years as a commuter. I traded my Cobra in on it. The thing was a freaking hoot to drive and was insanely nimble. It had a 6 speed in it and the best set of Recaro seats your tukus has ever been in. It was a DOHC headed 2 liter motor. I think the head was from Cosworth...not 100% on that though. It made like 170hp in bone stock condition. One weird thing was all the parts I got for it through the dealer, like brake rotors and stuff, were from England. It was stamped right across the box. From what the charged me for them, I believe I was billed in Euros.

I know they have the bad ass turbo charged RS model over there, based on the rally car. Ours was the watered down version.

It was not "fast" by any means, but it was the closest thing you could get at the time to a go-kart (with heated leather seats) for the open road.

Didn't win any drag races with it, but ran up a bunch of people's bums on off ramps and autocrossed it like crazy.

I'm thinking the V8 [i]may[i] have just a small effect on the balance and handling characteristics of the car.

Just a guess.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

i think ford did one with a blown mod motor, for no reason at all. i think we should get the focus turbo models over here.. oh, and if i were hot to do a v8 swap, id figure out how to build my own cradle and such. 5 grand is a bit steep..

Comment

I don't know... I am still waiting on the 'souping up your Cavalier' thread. The closest I've come to a Focus is my friend's wife used to own one. I guess 5 grand isn't too bad but...It's a Focus.

Comment

My son and his wife bought one, I try not to laugh when they come over. ;D

Comment

Jus t re-read the artical last night and it said the balance was actually better but a bit twitchy.I was pretty stoked about the idea ,(not enough to build one,but I like 'em) till the said it was only a couple hundred pounds lighter than a mustang!

Comment

P.S. on the v-8 Cav. use a shortened s-10 blazer frame under it .A guy around here has done a couple.

Comment

I drive a focus daily, when it's dead I will cut it up into scrap, or crush it with the Jeep. It's just transportation, and 32 mpg!

Comment

Working...
                  X